Anyone else ever thought of one of these??? JDM Mini-Truck

pacomotorstuff said:
Ya we get the Transit with the Focus-derived drive train, automatic only here in Canada. They're built in Turkey, as far as I know.
I like them, just hugely expensive here in Canada for what they are, but would look awesome with 17's, some flares and a decent paint job. Suspension mods that would let you get around a corner in short order without you being the first guy on the block to corner on his door handles would be nice as well.
Maybe we could start a separate Transit thread and get back to kei's please?
Pat

This literally sounds like the worst thing I could imagine driving.

Very nice one deviant. The more I search the more dealers I am finding and the more I thinkbone of these rigs makes sense for me to replace the civic.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

I tend to lean toward military robustness like this DURO, but they have some smaller neat stuff too.
http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/vehiclelist.php?cat=3

Like this:
shfull.php

Sonic,
The Transits aren't that bad for the average bloke. If you're looking to deliver flowers or something, just the ticket. I just tend to..er, ah, um, push it a little (LOL) harder than the norm. I had a set of gummy 17's, drilled discs and a bunch of other upgrades on my wiff's Focus and still managed to tear things up a bit. Those same upgrades saved her life at 120kph one time when she got stuffed into the concrete, was able to save it and is still here to bitch about it.
I'm sure the Transit could be made to handle well enough, should you wish to. Probably those European laddies have all kinds of neat stuff for them.
Pat

deviant said:
Is there a difference between a Hilux and the Toyota's they imported to North America?

as far as I know we didn't get the diesel version in the US. Other than that they are the same.

Kei Class Vehicles....Many times....But here in SC you can't get them titled for road use over 45 mph....unless it is already Grandfathered in. I check and was bummed. Most people here use them on private property or only use them as LSV (Low Speed Vehicle (read Golf Cart)). I would love to rock a small van or truck body....I only drive 20 miles to work and back each day 5 days a week.

I too saw them first when I was overseas in the Military.... Wondered why we didn't have them here in the states.
Then two years ago I saw one FOR SALE at a local farm that had Tracks and a Snow-plow with the stock wheels and tires in the bed just like this...

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a6f367ba970b-800wi

wish I would have snagged it up. Haven't seen one since

My old car engine builder had one of those, swore by them, they are super reliable, easy to fix, and are cheap but hard to find.

Found a dealer in quebec with a bunch for 5 grand. If they finance I am seriuosly thinking of driving up to test drive one and buying. May not even have to sell the civic. Depends on insurance etc.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Deviant. I read a bit of those too. We are lucky here with our 15 years old and older loop hole. After 15 years, any vehicle can be imported and if it was road legal in country of origin, can be registered here. You can have a little hassle depending on the DMV but with paperwork from a canadian dealer I found out it is really easy. I can't find a dealer that has any vans though so if I want one of those I will have to wait until they can source one, then wait until they fill a container. The cost would be 7-8K and no warranty and 4-6 months wait average. So I think I will have to go with the pickup if I want one anytime soon. Really want one as I just paid a guy 80 bucks to plow me out after the 2 back to back storms.

Hoosier Daddy said:
I too saw them first when I was overseas in the Military.... Wondered why we didn't have them here in the states.
Then two years ago I saw one FOR SALE at a local farm that had Tracks and a Snow-plow with the stock wheels and tires in the bed just like this...

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a6f367ba970b-800wi

wish I would have snagged it up. Haven't seen one since

There are quite a few dealers in the states for there , I found a couple in texas, a few in Kentucky etc. All off-road only but they are even bring in brand new 2014 models.

The irony here, is that racing chassis builders have made thing of turning amusement park bumper cars into street legal custom cars. This one is powered by a GSXR engine. Maybe if we just switch the engine out, we can register a Kei as a custom in the US.

g6_36_1341503979.jpg

LOL, that's funny, you can't do that sort of thing here at all, unless you can keep enough of a VIN from a registered car. Kit cars are illegal here, even if 15 years old. Unless they are like a fiero re-body.

Back
Top Bottom