>>CB550 bobber/brat>>FINAL STAGES>>

lil beast

Manic Fanatic
DTT SUPPORTER
Well, ive started tearing apart the bike to get it ready for a transformation. It started as a stock 74 CB550 and will be a very nice brat/bobber.

Re: CB550 bobber/brat

Parts are startting to roll in. ;D

The quality of this light is amazing. Shocks are 11"

clean i like it... move that shock mount down like 2 in towards the front and that is all, cut the rest off!

JRK5892 said:
clean i like it... move that shock mount down like 2 in towards the front and that is all, cut the rest off!

Yeah I dont like the angle too much but it does lower the bike about 1.5in more. Ill set it up this weekend and see how the 11" sit.

Can't wait. The more I think about it and look at other bikes, the more I want to build a hardtail brat/bobber/cafe. Where'd you score that light?

SausageMahoney said:
Can't wait. The more I think about it and look at other bikes, the more I want to build a hardtail brat/bobber/cafe. Where'd you score that light?

Ebay for the light under trikryde and this bike wont be a hard tail. The next one will... ;D

WOW.. lots of wrenching time put in so far!!

Made some huge progress tonight. Cut off all the tabs, ground down the old welds, set up the new shocks in their new mounting positions with my newly designed mounts. 11" shocks in the original lower mount was 25 3/4" from the floor to the top eye. In the new position it dropped 1 3/4" to exactly 24". ;D

some pics.

The before stance with 11"
08022009307.jpg

My new mount
08022009308.jpg

Tacked in
08022009310.jpg

With support brace
08022009312.jpg

Yeah, it needs a 21" front now. Anyone have one kickin around? ;D

That does look a lot better. Well done on that. That's going to make the ride a lot softer, though you could always wind up the preload. That should help.

But why didn't you shave off the old mount?

--Chris

Maybe put another mount up top and install two sets of rear shocks :)

That does look a lot better. Well done on that. That's going to make the ride a lot softer, though you could always wind up the preload. That should help.

But why didn't you shave off the old mount?

--Chris

Babies woke up so I didnt finish.

Maybe put another mount up top and install two sets of rear shocks

hummmmm, now that would be different.

I dig it. You have a tank yet? Peanut or wassel

Wassell

Back
Top Bottom