Beachcomber's TR1 - now "Cafe-Creme" Boardtracker 'ish

More parts arriving weekly - the Sat nav just arrived .........................................
;)

KGrHqVk0E-jpEG2h7BP0du-z2Pg60_12.jpg

Nice, score on the button, how large is it? Love the sat navi too. Going to be quite the bike when complete.

Cheers,

Maritime

The button is 1 3/4" across and has a 2" operating stem - all solid brass.

The SatNav is 2" dia and 2" tall, fully working flip up lid - like Monza gas cap !!

More Brass bits arriving this week. Probably won't use them all as it'll be too OTT, but I can be selective.

I LOVE my clever idea for hiding the battery, fuses, electrics. 8)

I'll post up - IF it works out !! 8)

Oil breather catch can arrived today - actually a 19th.C medical enema pump !!!

Just a bit of lateral thinking here. It's solid Brass - about 12" long and 1 1/2" dia.

Oh yes. it has been thoroughly cleaned out !

KGrHqFqME-ZP-MT4pBP24CwLZ-Q60_12.jpg

A clock is a reasonable accessory for the modern bike - so an old bike would need ......................

only kidding, a step too far, even for my warped sense of humour.

KGrHqVHJC8EWwjKDdoBP3GcoZRWg60_58.jpg

This on the other hand is a great find - 2 1/2" dia, internally threaded - meet my gas tank cap. £3 [ $8?]

KGrHqNocE-yDKez0qBP3Lo0M3w60_58.jpg

Nice. Clean it up but leave some patina abd it will look great

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

I've found a guy that does "proper" machine engraving who says he can engrave the cap for me. Just a simple "Cafe-Creme" if he can do it.

Agree re: the leaving the original patina. ;) Apparantly it came off a 1920's steam engine [ road roller ]. The chain and link is a bit too far gone - not sure about that.

I have bid on another three! [good old flea bay] and am winning 2. One is similar to the above but has three ears - like a car wheel spinner, and the other is the obligatory 2 gallon oil can cap, but has the logo "Shell Aviation Spirit". Actually, I think all the threads are the same - so I could have a swap around to suit the mood ! 8)

I won three of the "Mystery Items" I'm planning on modding to use as a battery / electrics cover. I really am quite taken with this idea - haven't seen it on any bikes before [ of this style ].

I'll wait until they arrive and then flag a couple up. I'll pick the best / most interesting for the job ... any guesses ?

On a more positive note [ ACTUAL construction ] I had a new acquaintance called round to see me yesterday - we "met" 2 years ago when I sold him some Kay parts, and we've become quite friendly in the intervening years. Anyway - turns out he's a worshop forman at a company that makes steel stillages and special TUBULAR STEEL crates.

I showed him the Willow / Voodo frames and he said "No problem". Could this be just the break I'm looking for? Needs to be sorted out with his management, but he has a pretty free hand as long as he asks first. Fingers crossed. He also has access to Beadblasters, mills, lathes, etc., etc.

One big happy family us bikers !

PLEASE let me win this !!!!!!!!!!! I promise to be a good boy and eat all my greens.

$160 and 3 days to go. Genuine 1920's La Francais Diamant ........................

KGrHqJlwEFKuBNkjBP5wKs-0g60_58.jpg

KGrHqVHJCkEQ4RwIUCBP5wJHrpk60_58.jpg

That is a sweet tank!!! I've yet to figure where this bike is going, but I get more Intrigued with each part you collect...

My first reply, but been watching.

Cafe Redneck said:
That is a sweet tank!!! I've yet to figure where this bike is going, but I get more Intrigued with each part you collect...

My first reply, but been watching.

Me too............................!!!!!

Thanx for taking the interest. This project is way outside my normal "comfort zone" of 60's style Cafe Racers - but that is just why I'm doing it, to prove to myself that I still do have some original thoughts.

It's evolving as I go along - but the basis is in a 1920's style Boardtrack racer. The original inspiration was the "Willow" - see previous pix. I've subsequently seen other variations - the Voodoo frame and some over here in the UK. I'm trying to incorporate as many 20's / 30's items [ mostly Brass ], but to use them for something other than originally intended.

F'rinstance - the turn of the last century medical enema pump will be used as an oil breather catch can - instead of the ubiquitous Coors or Guiness can. This one won't have to be taken off to be emptied - I will simply open the tap and use the plunger ! Some of the stuff is OTT and won't get used, but some of the gems like the Brass gas cap are a must.

BTW - the mystery item I'll be using to house the battery and electrics has been won, I'll flag it up when it arrives and I take measurements to see if and how it needs to be modified.

This one even has a similar colour scheme to the one I've decided to go with - Cafe Creme

img126.jpg

Man, that tank is awesome! That must be on ebay UK because I don't think you'd ever find a gem like that on this side of the pond for any kind of reasonable price. Hope you win it!

john83 said:
Man, that tank is awesome! That must be on ebay UK because I don't think you'd ever find a gem like that on this side of the pond for any kind of reasonable price. Hope you win it!

John,
yes a rare find - even on e-bay ! Strangely enough, I put "Vintage petrol tank cap" [ gas cap ] into the search, and up pops this little beauty. Just hoping nobody else is looking for an old "Flat Tanker" tank.

I've seen these go at the UK Classic Bike Autojumbles in excess of £200 [ $450 ?].

That really would be the last part of the jig-saw - then I can build the frame around the bits !

I guess the tank won't be that practical - maybe 2 -3 gallons [ Imp. ] - but, for a genuine 1920's piece ............................

john83 said:
That's not too bad. My modern Triumph only holds about 3.5 gallons or so.

John - if it only held a gallon, I'd still have to find a way to use it! I'm still the high bidder at $160, and a little over 20 hours to go........................................

Back
Top Bottom