The free DT

fury413rb said:
I'm leaning towards stock. The wheels look fantastic.

Yeah they were a pain in the ass but worth it in the end. The fork lowers need another round of polish though. I think if anything I may just fabricate a trials style seat pan and call it day. I like the pre-74 DT oem seats but the 74 and later ones are too big.

I am pretty much settled on the paint scheme at this point...pearl white with DT1 style decals for the tank.

I do plan on using some vintage trials style tires as well.

Not much to update. Got the motor in and a few other items bolted on but I've been sidetracked with new job prospects as of late.

I hope to order the remaining odds and ends for this bike early next week so I can continue the assembly.

Finally got the new TT in my size back in stock. Just showed up today. This thing is a true work of art. Comfy as hell too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you do me a big favor and give me some measurements at the red lines shown on your frame in the photo, I would sho -nuff preciate it, build is looking good , keep at it !

Attachments

• frame.JPG
    frame.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 500
wfo speedracer said:
Can you do me a big favor and give me some measurements at the red lines shown on your frame in the photo, I would sho -nuff preciate it, build is looking good , keep at it !

Forgot about this. The following measurements are from left to right in the photo: 5.5", 6.75", 8.75", 10". Hope that helps.

Tank and oil can are painted. Did a white basecoat, then 2 coats of clear with some pearl added. Still waiting on decals before I spray another coat or two of straight clear.

Working on the rear fender. Need to repair the section that is cut out and mount the tail light.

I also started on the seat pan.

Paint is finally done.

Seat pan is getting close. I want to retain the factory hinges and latch so still finalizing. Started shaping the seat.

Next up will be a trials style front number plate with headlight.

Thanks Floyd. The tank is too damn pretty to use now. Better find another I can take to the track.

Back
Top Bottom