motobi 250 cafe

motorusti

still bending spaghetti
this is yet another 60s italian bike I am building as a cafe bike. too many issues to bring this one back as a stock bike, plus i more interested in turning this into a regular rider, as my other motobis have been

as with all italian bikes, you need to own 4 to build 1 good one.

this was a 250 supersport. I have 2 other running eggmotors (125-175cc 1 is my profile pic) . I bought this close to running bike at $1200. I have 3 parts bikes that I spent maybe 600-800 each., which donate various parts to this build. i guess there is a 125cc motobi on ebay for 10K. the 125 racer is nice (i have one), but i would prefer to build them as semi-restored ratty riders. why have it without running it?

it was set up as a mid 60s benelli super sport (which s a relatively unattractive egg motor) with a fat tank(the better tank has a breather tube out the top) and reupholstered green leather seat. picked up a nice steel cafe seat that was hand built ok for a honda cb350, and new akront rims. also got lucky to find 2 nice breather tube tanks for a good price. these tanks (along with the other wards riverside tanks) are stylistically awesome tanks.

frame/swingarm/etc is back from powdercoat.

motor runs. 20 hrs into degreasing/cleaning/buffing the motor. re-using tons of NOS italian parts to make this one look good. should be ready to roll in 5-6 weeks. just picked up some akront shouldered rims. need to figger out spokes/nipples/etc (orig. rims are rusty steel. nice, but rusty.)

havent decided whether I am gonna invest in the airtech motobi fairing. probably not.

i'll post pics when it's done. sorry I am to lazy to give updates

Back
Top Bottom