anybody tried any electric bikes?

hidn45

Took the opportunity to take a 2016 Zero out at the Guzzi rally awhile ago - quite the spirited little steed, & some interesting features. Anybody else tried a quiet ride?

Not yet but on the list of things to do. Nearest Zero dealership is about an hour away I think but I really should book a test ride.

Sadly until the range equals a full day's riding and I can recharge it in a few hours at a motel along the road, it could never be my only bike and is too expensive to be anything but my only bike.

Tim said:
Not yet but on the list of things to do. Nearest Zero dealership is about an hour away I think but I really should book a test ride.

Sadly until the range equals a full day's riding and I can recharge it in a few hours at a motel along the road, it could never be my only bike and is too expensive to be anything but my only bike.

+ 1 here, needs to do minimum 600 miles (1000 KM) in a charge and recharge in 8 hours max from a regular plug or I couldn't own one.

Im really excited by the electric bike developments, and cars for that matter.

I think a minimum mileage of 200 is accepatble for me, with a recharge Time of a 'few' hours.

This would make it usable for commuting and average rides, of not for touring etc.

Steve

Maritime said:
+ 1 here, needs to do minimum 600 miles (1000 KM) in a charge and recharge in 8 hours max from a regular plug or I couldn't own one.

You ride 600 miles without getting off the bike often?

I own one of these.

auranthetic-orange-jiuce.jpg

It's not that great, but it does make a sweet pit bike. The one in the photo isn't mine. Mine was left outside for 15 years and I had to get a little creative with it to make it it half decent. It rides like shit, stops like shit, but lots of people think it's cool. I'm sure the modern bikes are awesome though.

I was listening to the Clevelandmoto podcast and one of them has bought a zero. He was saying good things about the riding experience. He said the torque on demand was amazing and was bragging on the batteries. It made me interested... But I'm going to wait for the technology to come along a little more and the price to drop a bit before seriously looking at purchasing an electric motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

test drove several recently

- Harley Davidson Livewire: incredibly fast. break your neck acceleration. Really fun! I want one.

- Zero demo days: test drove three of them. The Zero DS (dual sport) was decent, The Zero S (sport) was even more fun. Finally the Zero FXS was awesome. Its a light supermoto style bike. Its the smallest, lightest and least powerful motor they sell but you wouldn't know it at all. It was really a blast. Lots of torque and it likes to rip wheelies.

After test driving them all, I still would stick with a traditional gasser. The electrics are too expensive and the range isn't adequate for my needs. With that being said, I also test drove several ducati and MV Agusta bikes last weekend at the local demo days. For the same price as a zero, I would purchase a new MV Agusta Brutale. Now that was a fun bike!

Sav0r said:
You ride 600 miles without getting off the bike often?

2-3 times a year I do trips with 600 mile days with 10-20 min stops 2-3 times. Usually Barber, Mid-O etc. I live to far and never have enough vacation so I haul ass to and from in 1-2 days.

Deviant1 said:
My ass hurts just thinking about that.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I finally got and Airhawk, it is sooooo much better when I do those long rides now. They guarantee to double your normal ride time and I believe it! love it and I need to get one for the wife now.

Back
Top Bottom