New guy from Alberta checking in

Jonathan403

Just thought I would chime in and say hello from Calgary.

Picked up a 1981 cb650 this winter and plans are to work on some mechanical (tires, small oil leak) before spring and, if funding allows, start doing some cafe changes. The previous owner has done some things that I will keep and others that I will change/modify (I'm not sure on the exhaust setup...)

Have been looking at a lot of threads so far and am amazed at the pure craftsmanship on every bike. I can only hope to be able to learn and create as the years go on. keep up that great work!

Anyways, here is a couple of pics:

IMAGE_16.jpg

IMAGE_17.jpg

Welcome. I'm also from Calgary.

You have a very nice starting point for your project! Good luck with the build.

If you get a build thread started post back here...I'd like to follow along. It would be good to see some local builds.

It's been a long winter collecting some parts to get this bike roadworthy. This weekend was tire replacement and sprocket inspection.

Both sprockets and chains need to be replaced so once they come off back order I'll be able to get this finished.

I've replaced the upper valve cover gaskets to solve an oil leak but have since found a minor one around the head cover gasket so this is a project for next winter, so I guess a build thread will be made after all :)

Now on to some pics:

4epyhery.jpg

ana7agur.jpg

I'm excited for riding season to begin after such a long and snowy winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan403 said:
It's been a long winter collecting some parts to get this bike roadworthy. This weekend was tire replacement and sprocket inspection.

Both sprockets and chains need to be replaced so once they come off back order I'll be able to get this finished.

I've replaced the upper valve cover gaskets to solve an oil leak but have since found a minor one around the head cover gasket so this is a project for next winter, so I guess a build thread will be made after all :)

Now on to some pics:

4epyhery.jpg

ana7agur.jpg

I'm excited for riding season to begin after such a long and snowy winter!

No kidding. This winter sucked..

Just an update for you fellows.

June has been busy so far with the head gasket replacement and new chain and sprockets. Happy to say we are now leak free and ready to ride.

It's first shakedown run proved to be eventful with my co worker running it out of gas on the highway. Once that was sorted out a nice 1.5 hour ride showed everything operational other than a now failed left signal flasher....

Looking forward to some nice weather and a few more rides

a6etuju6.jpg

Jonathan403 said:
Just an update for you fellows.

June has been busy so far with the head gasket replacement and new chain and sprockets. Happy to say we are now leak free and ready to ride.

It's first shakedown run proved to be eventful with my co worker running it out of gas on the highway. Once that was sorted out a nice 1.5 hour ride showed everything operational other than a now failed left signal flasher....

Looking forward to some nice weather and a few more rides

a6etuju6.jpg

Looking good man!

Back
Top Bottom