Sakura the Sake Rocket

Hey Scruffy....you're alive! ;) (My first dog when I was a kid.....)
Glad you're diggin' it mate!

From Thesaurus.com
1. back burner
- reduced priority; "dozens of cases were put on the back burner"
precedence, precedency, priority - status established in order of importance or urgency; "...its precedence as the world's leading manufacturer of pharmaceuticals"; "national independence takes priority over class struggle"

Ummm....yeah. So I keep saying I have other shit to do but I keep bashing off this thing and making more crap for it. Go figure....

I whipped up this seat pan in 20 minutes, not bad for cut, filed, drilled, hammered and bent!

pan7.jpg

More here: http://swaggeringpagan.blogspot.com/2013/01/20-minute-seat-pan.html

As always...there be boobies here on occasion so be wary at worky....

Man I'm glad to see you getting back on to this. I know you were going through some shit for a while there. By the way I'm really glad to see that you got that rear tank mount to work. It's not often i get to put in for an opinion on something like that and have it used.

That all aside It's starting to really take shape and look awesome man!

Ok so still not working on other bikes...... :eek:

Got the bug to pad my 20 minute seat pan. Took two hours to build the contoured pad but it's pretty rad! I LOVE a good solo seat on a bobber....hate the shit outta them when some dumbass just drops it on OE seat rails. Looks like an after thought or checking off a box to me. So what's a kat to do? Make one that works!

pad5.jpg

profile.jpg

testfit.jpg

Go to the blog for way more pics and details on how I made it.
http://swaggeringpagan.blogspot.com/2013/01/20-minute-seat-pan-2-hour-seat-pad.html

If you're of a mind, I can make a seat pan and pad for you!

Blog is blocked at work so I checked it out last night at home, nice job. So funny I was doing the same thing, not quite as fancy as yours though.

Ha

Maritime

Don't know about fancy, but it's certainly better than plopping a regular solo on the rails.....

Thanks Chris, I'm pretty pleased with the shape. I'll stay this way for a while, I need to make some money first so I can pay for the upholstery.....

Swagger said:
I LOVE a good solo seat on a bobber....hate the shit outta them when some dumbass just drops it on OE seat rails. Looks like an after thought or checking off a box to me. So what's a kat to do? Make one that works!

That is one of my biggest motorcycle pet peeves.

Sure, I've made a few since posting.
Hit me with a PM and your particulars and we can go from there.
Thanks for asking!

There's been some forward movement on the bike but I have a touch of pneumonia I haven't kicked yet (pushing 30 days) as such it's been slow. Will post up soon.....

Thanks Joe, been a little slow money is tight but it's inching forward. I've been drawing bar concepts for it while i work on hacking up my lungs......haha. Once I can get a little air in me without coughing like mad I will get the forks lowered and finish up the new shift handle and clutch lever. I 'think' I finally settled on a good looking design for it. I also need to get some axle stands whipped up as I need the wheels it's currently running for the XV's first run of mods.........

These things are never done till they're sold.......

Consider these spitfire struts for the solid ones you have one. Nice and lean.
Planning to run these on mine :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361614538.692464.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361614538.692464.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 717
Those look pretty spiff, I will look into them though in truth the piece of square stock is just there to roll it around. I'm more than likely gonna run 11" shocks. A strutted swingarm bike never made much sense to me. I have access to a 'vintage' hardtail frame for a 450 if I wanna go that way but I like my kidneys haha.
I will look at those though, they do look cool...

addendum: Just checked them out briefly...so they DO have *some* spring action then...interesting.

Back
Top Bottom