The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

New 7" headlamp with HID conversion kit ready to be fitted

Love the Taiwanese sense of humour 8)

Picked it up at a local bike emporium (they also sell on ebay but I dropped in to make sure the HID fitted), already had the HID kit left over from a previous project. All metal construction.

The HID ballast will get fitted somewhere at the back (wired into the battery via a relay operated from the OEM wiring) as have a 2m ext lead to connect it to the lamp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270921392206

1462621_10151963239537200_29952613_o.jpg

1399310_10151963239522200_723351344_o.jpg

1461212_10151963207317200_1786914724_n.jpg

Hi guys, two things

I attempted to check valve clearances yesterday but I could not get the left side cover off. T
The cover with the sky team logo came off easy enough and the sprocket cover too, but the larger one with6 or 7 bolts just wouldn't budge once the bolts were out. What was I missing

Second point, has any used the stock handle bar and flipped it over to give the bike that drop bar look and did it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the LHS there is a cover over the starter motor gear held by three screws. Inside that housing, at the back left, is another bolt.

Crazy

ACEitup said:
Raining here!
productive day thou!
800k's on the clock
1.oil change
2.install new ooracing shocks
3.make new cutting board/bread board for the wife
4. teach young bloke to ride/ use clutch
100% pass
cheers ACEitup

Funnily enough, it's raining here as well!

And if the BOM have got it right it will be like this for at least the next week.

Good to see you're getting some bike worktime, and items 3 and 4 will help to keep everyone onside.

Crazy

Bojer said:
Bought this tacho which is not a bad match with the original speedo , just need to sort the brackets out .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380708156211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Like this too but doesn't post to Australia ?
cheers ACEitup

ChrisBNE said:
Hi guys, two things
I attempted to check valve clearances yesterday What was I missing
Second point, has any used the stock handle bar and flipped it over to give the bike that drop bar look and did it work?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt bother getting the whole cover off just for a valve check , there is a little plug in the top over a "window" in the top of the cover to try and see the T mark down but TBH I just wind the engine to compression and check then . If you take a bit of care you can simply turn the motor over until you find the maximum gap .

I was looking at flipping the bars over but not sure if they will be comfortable angled down like they will be - laziness and the need to drill holes for the switchgear stopped me !

Hi guys great thread. I've got mine all going but had trouble at TMR.
Has anyone had any trouble getting these registered in Queensland?
I went in to TMR and they told me I didn't have the right import papers and that my bikes VIN needed to be on the papers. Any help would be great.

because the stock handle bars dont have any vertical rise to them, flipping them over wont change how you can lower the stock bars, you can get the same result just by rotating them down in the normal postion.

Bojer said:
the need to drill holes for the switchgear stopped me !

Break the tabs off and put some gaffer tape (increases the diameter slightly plus provides grip) around the bar before putting the switches back on , much easier :)

mikeyw64 said:
Break the tabs off and put some gaffer tape (increases the diameter slightly plus provides grip) around the bar before putting the switches back on , much easier :)

Does this work, save me drilling holes in my clip ons??

Rishy said:
Does this work, save me drilling holes in my clip ons??
exactly what I've done with my clip ons and for exactly the same reason :)

You can always trim any excess off with a scalpel/craft knife

Rishy said:
cheers mikey, save me a bit of time and ruining a good set of clip ons.

and if you want to go real belt & braces a touch of superglue on the plastic bits that make contact doesn't go amiss either lol

I've trimmed the pins off in the past , not easy to drill the hole in the right place in new bars - but dont like the switchgear to be floating around , not tried duct tape as a solution !

Bojer said:
I've trimmed the pins off in the past , not easy to drill the hole in the right place in new bars - but dont like the switchgear to be floating around , not tried duct tape as a solution !

4 essentials

1) gaffer tape
2) WD40
3) Cable Ties
4) Electrical Insulation tape

Back
Top Bottom