The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

I've now done 300km and have:
removed egr thingy.
done a 150km valve gap check- was around .08mm, adjusted to be 0.05mm.
hacksaw the exhaust, drilled and pulled out the main honeycomb cat - i see there was also the same honycomb thing inside the muffler - I didn't remove this. rewelded the pipe back on.
drilled a 12mm hole in the end of the exhaust baffle (drill down the centre of the exhaust) someone said 15mm but I didn't have one handy.

ordered:
new bigger jets
race cdi 6 pin thingy
new 34 cog for speeeeeed :)

next couple of months -my new list: :)
1.new tyres (front is still out of round)
2.front fork spacers 15-17mm i think
3.stainless header and exhaust(local custom build)
4.clipons
5.remove rear mudguard & tidy up rear brake lights
6.rev counter

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

stevodude said:
drilled a 12mm hole in the end of the exhaust baffle …

Mine was 18mm because that was the only one I had that was long enough!

The progress sounds good, with these bikes every little extra power or lighter weight really helps.

Crazy

One week from today a Sydney 'Ace' get-together is planned.

A meet-up and cruise on some convenient piece of curvaceous road is intended. This is going to be an event that new bikes and new riders will be comfortable with.

So far only ACEitup and myself are on board, but surely we can gather a few more.

Be there or be square!

Crazy

Hi All
Just took delivery of my stuff from Ooracing

Gas flowed big valve head - Obviously it's hard to tell how good it will perform but the ports are beautifully smooth and blended together

Big bore barrel - looks good to me and I love the 'instructions' which basically tell you valve clearances, torque settings and that if you use a smear of silicone instead of the base gasket it will bump up compression!

Both the above are a slightly different silver to the original but Ooracing tell you this and it looks fine to me.

Finned ignition module - fits great under the seat hump

Molke carb with ram that looks...well.... ace!

Hopefully I will get my 14 year old to take some pictures and upload them.

For UK Acers I bought a set of air horns from Halfords and noticed that they had Haynes CG125 manuals on clearance for a fiver - don't know if this is every Halfords but Huddersfield now has none left......

Hope this is of interest - now to go rouse the idle offspring...........

Dave

Dave M said:
!

Molke carb with ram that looks...well.... ace!

I guess this is prejetted for the 150 kit ?
Can you tell me what the slow jet and main jet size are please ?

Or for the other ace owner who installed the kit, what are you jets size ?

Hi
Main Jet is 110 - What do you mean by slow jet? The pilot? I couldn't see a number on the pilot but I can have another look.....

I have tried some pictures

Showing
Rearranged electrics, compressor for air horns, relocated battery and relay for compressor.
New carb in place on original head and barrel - make sure it fits with the above!
Air horns tucked in behind left hand side panel - Too loud to test in garage!!!

When I get a mo I'll post the pics of the barrel and head kit

Dave

Attachments

• Rearranged electrics.jpg
    Rearranged electrics.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 739
  • Molkt carb.jpg
    Molkt carb.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 513
  • Twin horns.jpg
    Twin horns.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 332
Dave M said:
Hi
Main Jet is 110 - What do you mean by slow jet? The pilot? I couldn't see a number on the pilot but I can have another look.....

Yes I meant pilot jet, sorry.
Would definetly like to know what size it is.

Is your carb a 26mm or a 28mm ?

Hi Alan

Just bolted it all on! I'll pull the carb off again tomorrow and have a look for you... The barrel and head look great - chunkier than the originals. It all actually fits better than the originals too!

Dave

Sorry forgot to attach pictures - I am really pleased with everything from Ooracing. I will be using them again for sure....

Attachments

• barrel head etc.jpg
    barrel head etc.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Exhaust port.jpg
    Exhaust port.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 418
stroker crazy said:
Be there or be square!

Crazy
Crazy, myself and another ace rider from sydney south r in for the inaugraul ACE ride
and meet
Cafe59 do u have ur ace yet?

Back
Top Bottom