The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Bojer said:
Yep , you're right there about the prep - suppose with the Chinese bikes there is not the necessary profit margin in them for the amount of prep they need . Like the bike I took to Spain I spent more than a day going over it - sorting connections , lubing , tightening /loosening etc .

I had the theory that 2013 bikes had the bean tin metal indicators and the black aluminium master cylinder while the earlier ones had plastic indicators and master cylinder - just a theory ! ;) I genuinely like my bean tin ones as they look authentic :)

Finally got my registration plate and tax disc yesterday so will be taking mine for its first ride - well as soon as I put a new clutch in daughters Focus.......... :mad:

I think it's more a case of what was closest to hand when it was built.

Mine came with metal indicators (since junked) & a metal master cylinder

The metal indicators and alloy master cylinder seem to go together so I think its more than just random assembly ;) - sure I read somewhere in the original 56 page thread that the metal master cylinder was the latest version .

mikeyw64 said:
Victor??

Welcome Ricky

Bar mirrors yes you just have to hit the weights in with a hammer

Unfortunately neither, it's under a 747 parked at the end of the runway at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, there is a Victor along with some other cold war pieces on the tarmac there but the Ferrari owners club were all over them on that day.

Cheers for the advice, will get the bars off when I get home then. My drum needed a lot of adjustment before I was happy with it but seemed to be ok otherwise? Perhaps my dealer had a poke around instead. I will open that up now anyway and take a look too.

Dave M said:
Thought I'd post some pictures - unfortunately they have to be 'in shed' for now as we are having some 'bad weather' and by the time I am home it is dark.

They should show my idea of a tidy rear, raised headlamp, the chunky good looks of China's finest 150cc and the indicators I fitted - which seem to be like the standard ones fitted to bikes in Oz.....

I'll try for outside pics this weekend

Dave

Ha just ordered the same indicators (black in color). May I ask where did you get the tail light? Ebay? Looking good ;-)

hi guys.,
attended local annual charity toy run on weekend and managed to put 300+kms on bike last sunday.
went well with two minor glitches. first was flamed out at highway speed(110 kmh).
resolved after rolling in angel gear for 6 to 8 kms and not on large slope. bearings in wheels are ok.
kill switch had been bumped or vibrated on.

felt a little silly after a few quick checks . fuel plug etc..
started fine and continued on to destination.
even sillier ran out of fuel on way back.tap was on reserve not on position
great run to find out what bike was capable of.

couldn't keep up with the big bikes of my nephews or mates but had great fun trying.
still need to gear up at least one tooth from standard on front cog. had power enough but revved too hard at speed,

pete

"Ha just ordered the same indicators (black in color). May I ask where did you get the tail light? Ebay? Looking good ;-)"

Thank you very much - this should find it - came in two days!

http://www.louis-moto.co.uk/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10033303

Was the cheapest place I could find it - How do you do the quote thing in this forum?

Dave

Dave M said:
Was the cheapest place I could find it - How do you do the quote thing in this forum?

Dave

Click the Quote button in the top right of the post you want to quote 8)

ChrisBNE said:
Diablo super biker: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/diablo-super-biker/id451756374?mt=8

Also on Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.pirelli.diablosuperbiker

orrible-64 said:
went well with two minor glitches. first was flamed out at highway speed(110 kmh).
resolved after rolling in angel gear for 6 to 8 kms and not on large slope. bearings in wheels are ok.
kill switch had been bumped or vibrated on.

pete

Whats flamed out and angel gear mean - ignition fail and clutch in? ???

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 236
Dave M said:
Whats flamed out and angel gear mean - ignition fail and clutch in? ???

Flamed out does mean ignition failure; angel gear is neutral.

Colourful language from our 'orrible friend!

Crazy

apologies, flamed out was loss of ignition,in the end due to kill switch.
angel gear is neutral...trucks used to go down hill to save fuel in neutral...dangerous and would end up in you meeting the angels. i.e. dead.
i was amazed that I rolled in neutral for more than several kilometres ..one of the other riders pulled up next to me to ask why I backed off the throttle for so long . I told him it had stalled several kilometres back. He was was shocked! The ride was from the city of Adelaide , up the princes highway to Callington Oval. Every bike has a toy for underprivileged children and has a large attendance. Toys are donated to St vincent de paul society for distribution.

Back
Top Bottom