The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

ChrisBNE said:
Ok so tell me this - how does the reserve work?

Ran out of fuel, switched to reserve. And nothing. Turned her over and kicked her over for 2 mins and nothing.

What the?
.Filled up with 8lt at a servo. Main on and away we go.
here you go
inside the tank is a tube that sticks up for the main / on, when it gets lower then the top you switch and it draws the fuel from the bottom of the tank

Attachments

• DSCF4825.JPG
    DSCF4825.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 219
sprocket2cog said:
here you go
inside the tank is a tube that sticks up for the main / on, when it gets lower then the top you switch and it draws the fuel from the bottom of the tank

Yep that's what I did but there was no fuel! Or is it the same tank? Or is something awry?

im guessing it pushs on if it has fallen off, the hardest part would be getting the tube out of the tank.but you can see what it looks like part 7
here
http://www.skyteamparts.com/store/fuel-tank/

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
what a relief....

finally got the bolts on triple clamp moving and sorted the clip-ons.

Want the clip-on looks so bad so could not wait for the new electric switch from Oo. QA throttle is fitted on with stock switch.

it is loooooking goood...

Hi Joseph. Does the quick action throttle work ok with stock switches and bar end mirrors? Other members have said that the switches needed replacing to create more room to fit the QA throttle, or is this just the case with standard bars and not clip ons?

Wayne

WJPez said:
Hi Joseph. Does the quick action throttle work ok with stock switches and bar end mirrors? Other members have said that the switches needed replacing to create more room to fit the QA throttle, or is this just the case with standard bars and not clip ons?

Wayne

I find it quite manageable with the stock switch and master cylinder, but it is a very tight fit though, it is a matter of making use of every millimetre of space on Oo clip-on bars. But I do have a slightly shorter rubber grip which bought me another few mm. Left side has plenty of space though.

One thing though, probably need to re-organising all the cables later on when I figure out how to remove the tank as the QA throttle cable pulling as I steer the wheel from side to side, which cause some opening of the throttle....

從我的 用 iPad 發送

josephau said:
I find it quite manageable with the stock switch and master cylinder, but it is a very tight fit though, it is a matter of making use of every millimetre of space on Oo clip-on bars. But I do have a slightly shorter rubber grip which bought me another few mm. Left side has plenty of space though.

One thing though, probably need to re-organising all the cables later on when I figure out how to remove the tank as the QA throttle cable pulling as I steer the wheel from side to side, which cause some opening of the throttle....

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Is there more room on the clip ons than there is on the standard bars. I was hoping that I could keep my standard bars and fit a QA throttle with standard switch gear.

Wayne

WJPez said:
Is there more room on the clip ons than there is on the standard bars. I was hoping that I could keep my standard bars and fit a QA throttle with standard switch gear.

Wayne

Could not tell, I did not try putting QA on the standard bar, but I would think the useable area is less on the standard bar....

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Thanks Joseph.

Has anybody managed to fit a QA throttle with standard bars and bar end mirrors?

Wayne

sprocket2cog said:
im guessing it pushs on if it has fallen off, the hardest part would be getting the tube out of the tank.but you can see what it looks like part 7
here
http://www.skyteamparts.com/store/fuel-tank/

Hmm might have to drain and remove the fuel cock to investigate.

gday from Goulburn nsw i bought myself an ace last august but havent even started it yet due to other bikes being finished this page has being very helpful ill be posting pics when i can

has anyone got a fairing set up on their bike yet?

cheers dave

This might seems a very silly question. What does the micro switch does on the left side under the clutch ?

從我的 用 iPad 發送

josephau said:
This might seems a very silly question. What does the micro switch does on the left side under the clutch ?

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Lets you start in gear - as long as you have the clutch in ...........

Another mod done today as the sun has showed it's self in the UK. Fitted new H/L brackets and CG125 H/L unit. Just waiting for clip-ons to arrive now, and to work out if I can get my screen back on.

Attachments

• 1,3,14.jpg
    1,3,14.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 400
stroker crazy said:
Mine's with the NRMA.

Crazy

ChrisBNE said:
I use RACQ

Thanks guys in the end I went with Youi - $11 per month and no surcharge for L platers, pretty good deal ;-)

Btw just fitted M45s so I have a pair of original tyres in good condition if anybody wants them. Pick up Sydney!

Cheers,

Thomas

stroker crazy said:
I think you will be pleased with the M45s!

Crazy

the M45's certainly provide a lot more confidence, actually ride it like a normal bike, instead of tip toeing on the standard rubber.

Hi gents,

A question - I am finally re-jetting, removing the EGR, putting on a new front sprocket and I have a new muffler ready, but don't want to put it on before I pass my MOST (a license test for which you can't have a loud bike for you non-Aussies). I have read that you can drill out a hole in the exhaust. Where exactly should I drill it? Is it going to help if the cat is still in there? Apologies for the lame question ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
Hi gents,

A question - I am finally re-jetting, removing the EGR, putting on a new front sprocket and I have a new muffler ready, but don't want to put it on before I pass my MOST (a license test for which you can't have a loud bike for you non-Aussies). I have read that you can drill out a hole in the exhaust. Where exactly should I drill it? Is it going to help if the cat is still in there? Apologies for the lame question ;-)

Cheers,

Thomas

The hole in the end wont make much difference with the CAT still in there. just get the test done and chop the CAT out and put the new Muff on.

Just save you the bother of messing with the stock exhaust. but thats just cos i'm lazy.

Back
Top Bottom