The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Alan Vega said:
I put dunlop K82

Yeah I wanted these as well, but couldn't find them in Australia and they were too expensive from overseas:-(

Btw Alan your bike is looking great! And thanks for the advise re mirrors, bought the same and love them!

回覆: Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Alan Vega said:
I put dunlop K82 and it made a HUGE difference. Really grip the road, even when wet. They have this old school pattern that fits the bike.
I mod the bike a lot (exhaust, carb, jet, filter, brake, sprocket etc) but this is the mod that really changed the riding experience (along with all the engine tweaks that made it more torque and top speed).

Dunlop K82 it is then. Not many other options in HK.

Thanks mate !

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

I rode my Ace to work today for the first time. I peeled all the stickers off of it last night night. loads of people have been looking at it all morning trying to work out what it is. I now have 17km on the clock ;D

Wayne

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

has anyone come across mounting their muffler at the foot rest instead of the original position like mine as the mounting plate came with it was not long enough ?

Wonder if it will cause any long term problem though ?

py8ehyqy.jpg

6ute6ebe.jpg

love the deep bass sounds it makes, find it managing ok with just the steel scourers, not too loud i dont think.

it should be ok as long as the weight is taken up well enough so you dont put strain on the header and damage the exhaust studs in the head, thats the only real issue you might have

回覆: Re: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

sprocket2cog said:
it should be ok as long as the weight is taken up well enough so you dont put strain on the header and damage the exhaust studs in the head, thats the only real issue you might have

thank you, thats a relief to me...

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

how does everyone route their QA throttle ? I find my one keep pulling it itself and opens throttle from me steering from side to side.

I have routed it just like the stock one at the moment, it is kind of annoying....certainly dont want it to do that as i'm steering on a corner....

Mine is mounted off the footrest in the same way with just the washer removed ,ideally you should make up a triangular mounting plate - two holes in the silencer side . So that you are not just relying on the tightness of the bolt to stop the strap rotating round and not supporting the silencer . Not done it to mine either yet though !

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
has anyone come across mounting their muffler at the foot rest instead of the original position like mine as the mounting plate came with it was not long enough ?

Wonder if it will cause any long term problem though ?

I have mounted mine the same. Seems to be ok so far.

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
how does everyone route their QA throttle ? I find my one keep pulling it itself and opens throttle from me steering from side to side.

I have routed it just like the stock one at the moment, it is kind of annoying....certainly dont want it to do that as i'm steering on a corner....

I had this problem also, so I took the tank off and removed the wires that are held in the clips with the throttle cable, so you just have the throttle cable sitting in the two clips and re-route it at the front so it's on top of the wiring so it can move freely. Hope that makes sense, it was a little fiddley and took a while to get it right.

回覆: Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

ACE125toy said:
I had this problem also, so I took the tank off and removed the wires that are held in the clips with the throttle cable, so you just have the throttle cable sitting in the two clips and re-route it at the front so it's on top of the wiring so it can move freely. Hope that makes sense, it was a little fiddley and took a while to get it right.

how does your cable run in the front end go ? through the bracket behind the headlight or behind the bracket and around the tank to the left side of the bike together with all the cables?

After only 37 k/m my left rear indicator fell off. Just phoned my dealer and he is removing one from an ace in his showroom and sending it to me.

Wayne

doesn't really count as a skyteam ace but as im using some ace parts I thought id post a pic of my Honda/ ace 125 racer (work in-progress)

Attachments

• Photo0069.jpg
    Photo0069.jpg
    985.1 KB · Views: 204
Re: 回覆: Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
how does your cable run in the front end go ? through the bracket behind the headlight or behind the bracket and around the tank to the left side of the bike together with all the cables?

I removed the bracket, can't remember how it was run but you need to keep it free and able to move when you turn the bars so not to pull the cable.

oli89 said:
doesn't really count as a skyteam ace but as im using some ace parts I thought id post a pic of my Honda/ ace 125 racer (work in-progress)

Nice, I might as well ask before everyone else, where did you get the fairing from?

I want to remove the skyteam script from the 2 engine covers, I've no real experience with these engines. My question is-can I just unbolt the 2 covers? Or will oil drain out if I remove them?

Back
Top Bottom