1972 CB250 Brat Tracker FINISHED!

Re: Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

Tape over the holes on the rim as trying to get the last few spokes in the wheels can be a bit tight if the rotation of the hub is a bit off. Also I chipped a little bit of paint on the hub when the spokes were twisted around and rubbed against the hub.
I assembled the day after picking the wheels up from the powder-coater. I should have waited.

It's only being fussy though, as they are only minor marks and only visible when you look close up.

nice project....
im keen as too see it develop.
ill meet ya one day for a cruise....
im in sydney

hip said:
Tape over the holes on the rim as trying to get the last few spokes in the wheels can be a bit tight if the rotation of the hub is a bit off. Also I chipped a little bit of paint on the hub when the spokes were twisted around and rubbed against the hub.
I assembled the day after picking the wheels up from the powder-coater. I should have waited.

It's only being fussy though, as they are only minor marks and only visible when you look close up.

Okay We'll do that. I'm leaving now to meet the powder coater, hope to have my parts back in a week or two.

Posted this in a 1800 thread, but can anyone help identify these carbies??
Trying to work out what carb rebuild kit I need.
Only markings on them is the Keihin logo.
Came off the 72 CB250 (Australian model).

565530_4356108394661_590170938_n.jpg

565567_4356108554665_1735624711_n.jpg

They look really close to the Keihin 3D that came on my American model CL350 (see pic below), but I can't be sure. Do you have dimensions for the openings?

Stoked to find another aussie builder! im definitely bookmarking this one, it a good reference for the CB500t im about to start :)

@BarnBurner, that is them! Thanks.

@Dylanr22, where abouts in Aus are you?
Keen to check out your CB500t.

Ok so I'm still having doubts on my what kit I need to order for my carbies?
I found some tiny markings on the carbies. One side says '2D', the other side says 'JD'.
Any help appreciated.

Frame fresh from the powder coaters.

Also got our first batch of shirts done.... www.gentlemensmotorcycleco.com
cb-1050671.jpg

a nice fresh paint of coat: perfect to start building! looking forward to see the next steps.

Got the bike assembled today.
Dropped in some new wheel bearings and tapered headset conversion.
Got the head back from the machine shop too.
Should have the engine bolted in soon!

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

481702_298392116928256_1823305992_n.jpg

604150_298392143594920_1537074753_n.jpg

Cool!
Which model and brand are the tyres please? And the measurements? stock rims I guess?

Fuchs, the tyres are Firestone ANS Military. 4.00 front and 4.5 rear. Stock rims laced with thick stainless spokes.
They are definitely over sized for the bike, especially on the front, but I think it's worth it!

I was thinking about a 4" in the front myself (other brand and type) but I was afraid it wouldn't work on a stock 250/350 rim. Good to see it can work! I know it's better to ride a smaller tire but it's for the looks and it's more a show bike then a driver so...
I guess you share the same point of view.

Did you mount them yourself or did you take your rims to a shop?

thx,

Dem

Fuchs, I took them to the local bike shop. Didn't want to risk scratching the fresh paint mucking around with screwdrivers and soap! For the sake of $20 it's worth it.

Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

Hey mate, do you need to blue slip the bike ? Or is it already registered? I'd be interested to see how you go. I'm tackling the rego bike requirements with mine now.

Nevergrew, I will need to blue slip it.
I'll have to fab up some sort of front fender for it.
Hopefully they aren't too picky with the tires and rear fender.

Back
Top Bottom