Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

So seat pan doesn't swap. So I'll need to fix mine. Side covers are diff. Need to fix mine. Need to pull rad, hope they are same or close enough. I am using complete front end so that on is supposed to work ok. If gets crossed. Also faux tank doesn't look compatible so I may need to fix mine or come up with something. I hope exhaust is compatible as my old one fell to pieces when I pulled it off.

This is nifty.

Attachments

• IMG_20160210_180906669.jpg
    IMG_20160210_180906669.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 350
So here is what I think I can do with the new gauge. It has a temp sensor hookup and also a fuel gauge so the only on of the small gauges in the original cluster I want to keep is the volts so I can move that over. I bet I can gut the housing and put a plate to bolt the gauge to and then tuck the volt meter in there as well.

Attachments

• guages2.png
    guages2.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 344
maritime

that koso gauge has a volt function built in and displays it so why do you need the other one?

I guess
cxman said:
maritime

that koso gauge has a volt function built in and displays it so why do you need the other one?

I don't. I forgot the gauge had volts too, I looked into it months ago while in bed, now that I can work on the bike I just ordered it LOL.

I just looked again, this is why I thought I might need a meter:

Red wire: Positive
Green wire: Negative
Black wire: Electric door lock switch (positive control off-line power door locks, can be directly connected to the positive of the fuel gauge )
Orange wire: Left turn signal light
Light blue wire: Right turn signal light
Blue wire: Low-high beam indicates
Blue and white wire: Water temperature
Yellow and white wire: Gasoline sensing line
Black and yellow wire: Speed (connected to the engine pulses)
Green and yellow wire: Handbrake parking indication
That list is missing volt meter but it may just have one that reads off the positive wire.

SonI am channeling my inner bradj and going to build a dolly for under the motor to take front end off the 1100.

Attachments

• IMG_20160218_191431544.jpg
    IMG_20160218_191431544.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 347
Back
Top Bottom