76 CB360, Cherry Bomb at Barber's

Re: 76 CB360, Custom exhaust idea.

Trek, I like where you're going with this. My preference is to keep the exhaust proud (carpenter's term) by keeping it outside the frame. Just my 2 cents. I don't think you can lose either way. Now, let's see it happen!

Re: 76 CB360, new tires

In preperation for "The Spring Thaw event" I drank the Koolaid and installed a pair of Avons.
I also installed new fork seals.
Might do some tweaking on the fenders. The avons are smaller than the old firestones.
forkseals2_zps19e27ce0.jpg

avonsinstalled500_zpsfeea125f.jpg

What size AVON's did you get?
90/90 and 110/90?
I think you'll be a lot happier with them, handling should improve dramatically
Personally, I think bike looks faster already ;D

crazypj said:
What size AVON's did you get?
90/90 and 110/90?
I think you'll be a lot happier with them, handling should improve dramatically
Personally, I think bike looks faster already ;D

yep...90/90 and 110/90. The old rear was a freakin monster. I couldve put the avon inside it.
I wouldnt know about faster...hasnt stopped raining since yesterday morning. ::)
Mileage should improve though. 28-30psi in the old. These new avons require 42psi.

Re: 76 CB360, Tires and fender & fork seals.

Got outta bed at 2:30 this morning and hit that fender...
The chrome isnt perfect. but Ill probably end up painting it to match later.

And these pics remind me, Need to kick the old lady in the butt and get her busy painting garage.

trek97 said:
yep...90/90 and 110/90. The old rear was a freakin monster. I couldve put the avon inside it.
I wouldnt know about faster...hasnt stopped raining since yesterday morning. ::)
Mileage should improve though. 28-30psi in the old. These new avons require 42psi.

Update...Big rich, being the peach that he is, turned me onto this.
http://www.avonmoto.com/tech/tire-pressure-guidelines

now pressure is 32f/34r. The rough ride should be improved.

Re: 76 CB360, Tires, fender & fork seals, OH MY.

42psi is max pressure for max load (around 800lbs?)

The recommended pressure from Honda is 26 Psi front and rear. I'll post the label on the chain guard when I get home

I used to put the higher pressures in, but I find the bike handles and rides better with the recommended pressures....

mydlyfkryzis said:
The recommended pressure from Honda is 26 Psi front and rear. I'll post the label on the chain guard when I get home

I used to put the higher pressures in, but I find the bike handles and rides better with the recommended pressures....

nice thanks...thats even better than the 32.

Modern tyres have a different construction and almost always need higher pressure. I run 30~32f / 33~36r

crazypj said:
Modern tyres have a different construction and almost always need higher pressure. I run 30~32f / 33~36r

I was just gonna ask you about that....LOL, DONE.

Here's the label.

I would follow the manufacture of the tire recommendations for loads. The Honda factory label is for Bridgestone OEM tires. But I expect the desired pressures will be close to the OEM recomendations.

Try different pressures, see how it handles, see if the tires are getting warm or hot. Hot is bad.
I remembered 26, was actually 25....ugh....I am getting as old as CrazyPJ

Attachments

• Tire Pressure Label Cropped.jpg
    Tire Pressure Label Cropped.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 277

mydlyfkryzis said:
Here's the label.

I would follow the manufacture of the tire recommendations for loads. The Honda factory label is for Bridgestone OEM tires. But I expect the desired pressures will be close to the OEM recomendations.

Try different pressures, see how it handles, see if the tires are getting warm or hot. Hot is bad.
I remembered 26, was actually 25....ugh....I am getting as old as CrazyPJ

I may play w em when things so down a bit.

If you have a non contact thermometer, it's easy to see how hot tyres are getting.
Not sure of recommended running temps but street tyres are lower than race tyres, probably around 100~150f?
Friend was racing a CB350 at Jennings GP several years ago and we (he) couldn't get tyres to warm up (I think it was February, even north Florida was 'cold')
Ended up with 24psi so tyre could flex and get some temperature in it (only a few people had tyre warmers, none in vintage class ;) )

76 CB360, Tires, fender & fork seals, OH MY.

My nh750 gets around 110 - 130 degrees on the highway.

I use the hands on method. 110 you can keep you hand on. 130 is too hot to hold on long ( I work on heavy equipment in the ac business, you get a feel for temperatures)

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

I'm taking notes for when I get around to putting the Shinkos on the 360 ;D Looking good Trek, looking good!

Thanks guys. AND I just lost my freakin non contact thermometer...Had it in my pocket then it was gone...damnit. It worked good. temps were right on. Well harbor freight has em on sale...$25.

Re: 76 CB360, New tach cable seal is leaking.

Well, this is pissing me off. I replaced my tach seal when I rebuilt engine. Now its leaking...more than just a drop. I dont remember exactly, but Im sure I would have to pull head cover to replace it. Anybody know if It would be possible to just pull out cable. jamb a small o-ring in there. Cram cable back it and tighten screw? O-ring between seal and face of cable end.

Re: 76 CB360, New tach cable seal is leaking.

They come out the front side, I bet it tried to come out with the cable and is in there crooked or might have a nick in it. I'd pop things apart and cheak things out. They are cheap man I try to keep a few of them and the seal on the end of the cam shaft around. I bet your stealership has em, these guys do.

http://www.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2450885&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1976&fveh=131082

Back
Top Bottom