1976 Honda cj 360

a9yhabet.jpg
tool

Chris

easy stator removal...
http://www.hondabrat.com/2012/08/rotor-starter-replacement.html

Well started the engine tear down! It came apart fairly quick. Now it's time to lap valves and gone the cylinders. Need to decide how to flip the lower case for cleaning and paint. Good thing winter is coming and I have time! Here are some pics of the tear down
qutaze3a.jpg
amupa3ud.jpg
ezyge6u7.jpg
e9yqerah.jpg

Chris

I have removed the rocker arms. Took the snap ring off of the tach gear but can't seem to get it out. Any tricks?
u3u5ana2.jpg

Chris

Moving right along. Valve stems and springs out. I have a feeling a lot of elbow grease and cleaning heading my way!
y9ygu6e7.jpg

Chris

very nice. How do the tensioners look?
I fought the head gasket for about 10 minutes, getting nowhere fast. Then PJ recommended using a razor blade window scraper. I got one little edge of the gasket started and the whole thing simply peeled off in one nice piece. For any residue, used the dremel w the new little soft scotchbrite pads and the whole thing came out spotless. took like 5 minutes.

Be certain to spray the little cam oiling journals out w cleaner...a couple times.

Bromz said:
I have removed the rocker arms. Took the snap ring off of the tach gear but can't seem to get it out. Any tricks?

If I remember its just a little pushing and prying.

You need a brass or aluminium drift on the drive gear from inside cam cover and tap it out.
The oil seal will be holding things in place. Make sure there is nothing in the bore to preventit moving

Well removed a few things tonite, oil filter screen oil pump clutch plates and springs stator and now I'm stuck on the oil filter 16 mm SPEACIAL nut! Trek97 if it's possible for you to bring your space age newly engineered tool to remove that tomorrow you would be my hero. I'm still gonna buy it but it's holding me up now I guess.
7ubasada.jpg

By the way your stator removal trick worked great thanks!

Chris

If you have any aircraft stripper, it works wonders on removing that caked on grease inside the filter.

OMG I will look for it, I havent even seen that thing since the day I made it last year. Dont lose the fat O-ring on the oil filter tube, your kit may not include that.

This must be your "Unlucky" day. I found it. I am not to be held responsible for any damage caused when you become pissed off and throw this tool across the street and through your neighbors window, hitting him in the head and he comes out, pissed off and beats your ass.

It was a freak phenomenon it worked on my bike, and a flat out miracle if it works on yours. without breaking the tits off, or tearing up the nut.

CIMG3600_zps57d88b27.jpg

It's not quite as cheap, but you could always go with the "proper" tool:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Tool-Honda-Oil-Filter-Lock-Nut-Spanner-Socket-90-110cc-125cc-200cc-250cc-/110919908864?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item19d3577e00&vxp=mtr

we will give this socket a quick try tonight after work if it seems it wont work i will buy the right tool. Heck Im gonna buy the right one anyway. I just dont want to wait a few days to get it. but who knows maybe I will have to

Well trek97's tool worked. Got the oil cup off and now on to splitting the cases. Thanks

Chris

The lower case on the engine is split! Now I need to take my time and make it right. Here are some pics on how I modified my table to let me flip the engine over and let my long head bolts go through it. This is fun!
apy3egur.jpg
qe5amyna.jpg
gepa3yta.jpg

Chris

Some more pics!
ydava3an.jpg
needed to use that rod to attach the case to the table just for a little leverage to split it
mururumu.jpg
eryqezu5.jpg

Chris

Back
Top Bottom