Well now I have really done it...

Dyan coils installed and now I have spark.... I got it to turn over today but it would not run. Pulled off the carbs and found that the carbs for cyls 3 and 4 are so badly corroded inside the bowls that the little rod has snapped. Gonna need to get crabs now. Anyone know someone looking to unload a full set of carbs for this bike?

Attachments

• IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 616
I guess it's a little late to tell you, and by now you already know, but checking the condition of the inside of the carbs before you start it is SOP. with all that corrosion likely the jets are completely clogged and shit didn't get into the engine that way, but good to check the throats to make sure nothing could get sucked in that way either.

Those bikes are relatively common, and you'll be able to find a set of carbs from between $50-150 (and up) depending on condition. And if you don't want to rebuild, you can buy rebuilt or new carbs.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/4399272420.html

Coincidentally ran into this today: carbs of the $150 variety. No details -- was the bike recently running? are they clean? etc., but there you go.

Thanks for the reinforcement of the SOP statement, I think I will paint that on the wall of my garage or my forehead. Not really impacting a timeline and I was able to find a full set locally so I figure I should just clean what I can and store away the spares I end up with as they may come in handy. This bike is a new adventure for me as most of my two wheeled work has been on vintage vespas.

it is alive. So I got it to turn over and while it sounds kinda lumpy. and I have a tiny leak on that stator side seal which I kinda expected. does anyone know if the seal on that side is replaceable without splitting the case. gonna have to do some research on it.
video is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJeZgrYf00&feature=youtu.be

Well, it has been a while but I have her all torn down. And I found that the top ring on 3 was stuck. It broke when tried to take it apart. The resort the rings are fine but... I may as well do them all right. Ordering stock rings and checking pistons tomorrow, cyls will get a hone, what else. Oh yeah, I got all my seals and gaskets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh I need help. So I was ready to put the cases back together and noticed that I am missing one of the guide pins for the transmission. Note in the picture I have one of these pins but am apparently missing the other. Am I missing it? It does exist right? The one that I have fits down into a hole that is slightly beveled and the hole where there is not one is straight. All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• PINS.jpg
    PINS.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 217
Found this diagram and it looks like it is supposed to exist. so now to make one....

SZ

Attachments

• PINS DIAGRAM.jpg
    PINS DIAGRAM.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 230
Ok so I snapped the 6m bolt that lives inside the oil pan area. If anyone is holding one let me know. Also I can't seem to find the torque spec for it. I am assuming it is supposed to be like the rest of the 6m bolts 4-8 ftlbs. Any advice?

I am wondering. Since I am going to go back with a dynatek plate and magnet pick up. Is there anything different about the installation of the cam and chain gear?

So does anyone know if I can swap the triple and fork from a 550k over to a 550f frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom