Bike hauling thingie...

ridesolo

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I hadn't seen one of these on here before and thought I'd post some pix.

This thing came into the RV park I was at this winter. The guy was pulling this truck behind his motorhome and had an older Gold Wing 1200 in the truck. I saw his bike in the truck when he arrived but I wasn't around when he unloaded so I didn't get to see the thing in action. He said he could easily load and unload it alone. I think I would have been comfortable hauling something a little smaller and lighter, but he seemed happy with it.

He told me he bought it online and paid about $3500 for it. He said it doesn't bolt down to the bed and the only attachment to the vehicle is at the hitch receiver.

Cool, there is a bike dealer local that has something like that for picking up and dropping bikes for service etc. I watched it work. Theirs could hold up to 3 and 1 guy could load and unload.

Wink Eller had something identical to that at Bonneville a couple of years ago. Pissed me off no end. Bike on the platform. Press a button. Bike in the truck. It looked so simple and oh so cool. He probably had his bike up and in his truck quicker than I could type this.

just get one of these...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom