Cafe Racer Seat

NoobZooki

The night's on fire!
I know someone here has one of these that didn't fit their bike, not going to use, or just has an extra. I'm looking for a cafe racer seat for my Suzuki GS450. I'll take measurements of my GS450 when I can. While you're waiting, show me what you got!

Thank you for the offer! I'll get measurements for you. And I'll send you schematics through email tomorrow!

I have a sweeeeet hand beat aluminum cafe seat that i bought for my 650 project. It was made for a later model frame, and doesnt fit. Its made by a guy down in Indianapolis. Ill get some pics and measurements up later tonight. I paid $150 plus shipping for it, so i would like to get that much out of it.

pacaguy said:
Have you looked at RocCity's seats ?

http://www.roccitycafe.com/store.php

I just got the interceptor seat for my CB350 project and it is SWEEEET.
Of course! But it looks like only two of his seats would fit my frame, the roadster and the interceptor. The roadster is not for me but the interceptor is a possibility... I'm looking Hot Wing Glass' Road Race 1 seat.

http://www.hotwingglass.com/seats/road-race-1.shtml

I'll decide between the two once I get my gas tank mounted up.

The plus I have with the interceptor seat is that the back end is flat which would make mounting the brake light and licence plate bracket a no brainer.

Good luck on choosing, it's all up to the looks of the bike and the only person who cares - Is You !

pacaguy said:
The plus I have with the interceptor seat is that the back end is flat which would make mounting the brake light and licence plate bracket a no brainer.

Good luck on choosing, it's all up to the looks of the bike and the only person who cares - Is You !
Very true. If I bought the Road race seat from Hot Wing Glass', I would have a small problem with where to put the tail light, whereas the Interceptor would be super easy... The thing I don't like about the Interceptor is the hump right on the seating area. I plan on cutting the tail really short but with the hump there, my ass would be in a pain!

Depending on how you upholster the seat, couldn't you cut the hump out all together?

I really like those bubble seats for the CB750 on Air Tech. Just that I'll have to spend an extra $40 lol. I think I've decided on Hot Wing's Road Race 1 seat.

But first I gotta see how my tank looks then do a little mock ups via Photoshop. I may change my mind.

I would make my own but I don't have the slightest clue on where to start lol. Besides, the materials alone would cost almost as much as buying a seat made.

Back
Top Bottom