Windows XP Pro with SP2

Cafe_to_go

Coast to Coast
Is there anybody here that is in IT? I need a copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2, my cd is damaged and it will not let me install it. I don't need the KEY, since I already have one.

Thanks,

If you do torrents I can provide a link that I used for the same situation... otherwise I can burn you a CD and mail it to you

Thanks, I have heard of torrent before but I am assuming it like napster in the old days, I would rather stay away from going that route. I found a xp pro/sp2 cd in my office but it's from a Dell computer, do you know if that would work?

I forgot to mention, that I found this website that sells it along with Office for cheap, however I am afraid that they are only selling me the cd's and no product key, what do you think? This disclaimer sort of worries me:

"Attention:

By pressing this button you agree that you are purchasing the software that does NOT include any COA label or a sticker from the manufacturer & comes on a CD ,There is no technical support provided by the software manufacturer. You can still get automatic updates. You will receive the Full version on CD & a volume license key number only. All the software we offer in the English language only. "

And here is the website

http://www.wholesalepcstuff.com/Cart2.php?prodId=27&category=5

Sounds fishy to me.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1844447&SiteID=25

Wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole.

BTW - I bought Office 2007 for $65 the other day - legit. For college/university students there is something called the 'Ultimate Steal' (Google it). Legitimate download of MS Office 2007 for $65 and you get a legit key with it. Supported by Microsoft.

Catch is you need a valid university/college email address - that's where the communication goes to, and if they ask for proof of you being a student and you can't satisfy the requirements, you're on the hook for the full MSRP of the product.

My wife is enrolled at Sheridan so she qualified.

The XP Pro SP2 Dell CD should work fine - give it a try. I have a full retail version of the OS bought from Microsoft that I can rip for you.

Tintin said:
Sounds fishy to me.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1844447&SiteID=25

Wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole.

BTW - I bought Office 2007 for $65 the other day - legit. For college/university students there is something called the 'Ultimate Steal' (Google it). Legitimate download of MS Office 2007 for $65 and you get a legit key with it. Supported by Microsoft.

Catch is you need a valid university/college email address - that's where the communication goes to, and if they ask for proof of you being a student and you can't satisfy the requirements, you're on the hook for the full MSRP of the product.

My wife is enrolled at Sheridan so she qualified.

The XP Pro SP2 Dell CD should work fine - give it a try. I have a full retail version of the OS bought from Microsoft that I can rip for you.

Thanks for the heads up on Office 2007, my student e-mail is still active, but I wouldn't be able to proof I am registered, I graduated back in May 2007. I will also, ask my wife to help me on it, she is a graduate student. I am still checking to see if I can get a copy from my friends, but I incase I need it I will you know or CanadaDan.

Thanks, you made my day with this. Can you let me know what is included with the you bought?

All you get is a link to download the software from and the key.

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

However your wife's school might have an even better deal with M$. I got a home-use license of Office 2003 for $30 through my work, because we have a huge license with Microsoft and part of it allows employees to purchase and use a copy of Office on their home PC's. I can't buy OS's unfortunately, and they haven't updated the version of Office.

The version of Office through the Ultimate Steal program is the Ultimate version - i.e. you get EVERYTHING.

Oh, and the download is 500MB in size. I did it at work in a few minutes, but even at home on high-speed, it would be fast enough. For a few dollars more they'll send a CD with the install too. I didn't bother with that.

Restricted to 25 trys

Tintin, is this really true?

Eligible students may have free access to Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007 Trial for a limited amount of time. Each trial provides (1) 25 application launches (each launch of an individual Office Ultimate application is counted as one launch) before the software goes into reduced functionality mode (at which time your software behaves similarly to a viewer, you cannot save modifications to documents or create any new documents, and additional functionality might be reduced); and (2) the opportunity to purchase the following perpetual license for the Microsoft® Office Ultimate 2007 software:

Are you aware of this?

You can download and try the Trial, but if you pay the $60 it's a full license. In Canada you also have the option of paying $24 for 1 year's use of the product. The $60 version I bought is good forever. Full Office Ultimate 2007.

Here are the terms posted on Microsoft's website.

http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

You know we just got an order form from Tracey's school...

XP Pro, Vista Business, Office Enterprise 2007, and a few others for ... $16 each!

Wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago... bought OEM version of Vista for $125 which I then traded for XP Pro... dumb!

Yep - at those prices it pays to enroll in school just to buy software.

Back
Top Bottom