Anyone selling a motorcycle trailer for cheap?

What bike, and what are you hauling it with?

Some bikes can be taken apart fairly easily, and then your options open up.

Get one I those hitch mounted carriers. Unless you've got a gold wing or something of course.

Is this a one time deal?
Do you really want to try and store a trailer while at college?

If not just go down to your local U-Haul and rent a motorcycle trailer.
They have one that has a place for the front tire to wedge in to and tie down straps to latch to.
It is way cheaper than buying a trailer.

Good Luck.

Big Rich said:
What bike, and what are you hauling it with?

Some bikes can be taken apart fairly easily, and then your options open up.

1973 cb450.. Actually I'm rushing to get it back together after a restoration, so I'm not keen to take it apart.

cklamer said:
Is this a one time deal?
Do you really want to try and store a trailer while at college?

If not just go down to your local U-Haul and rent a motorcycle trailer.
They have one that has a place for the front tire to wedge in to and tie down straps to latch to.
It is way cheaper than buying a trailer.

Good Luck.

I have a friend who has a house near campus so I'd keep it there. Uhaul charges 225$.. I can buy one for 400 so Im trying to find an alternative route.

If youre towing a motorcycle and you stay overnight at a motel, how do you keep someone from stealing the bike off the trailer?

Insure it and call the cops if its stolen odds are there are bikes out there that run a higher risk of getting lifted

hobojon said:
If youre towing a motorcycle and you stay overnight at a motel, how do you keep someone from stealing the bike off the trailer?

Wait you don't plan on taking your bike in to your hotel room.
Just throw a wig on the handle bars and tell them you have a fetish! ;-)

hobojon said:
I sleep lightly... and with my Glock 21 ;) :p

Odds are you wont have any trouble. But when I've done that, I chain/padlock the bike to the trailer, chain/padlock the trailer to the tow vehicle and/or chain/padlock the trailer to an immovable object. Your best defense is to make them look for an easier target.

Food for thought: I bought a complete -ish bike for parts when all I owned was a Jeep Wrangler. When I showed up, the guy asked how many trips I was going to make, and I just said "this one". The engine, wheels, and forks went inside where the back seat was, and the frame and everything attached to it was strapped to an old hitch basket.

hobojon said:

Same way you do if you park it on the street - like others have said - make it a harder target than other.. put a cover on it so it's not obvious what it is and if it's worth the effort - put at least one if not two heavy chains on it and then one of these on the front wheel...

http://www.amazon.com/Xena-XX-6-Motorcycle-Disc-Alarm/dp/B002TWUTK8

...and one of these on the rear of the trailer...

http://www.amazon.com/BIOHAZARD--Warning-Sign--danger-symbol/dp/B002SV3MQS/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1406345191&sr=8-15&keywords=toxic+waste+sign

Back
Top Bottom