Wanted: CL450(350?) Exhaust Tip

Flugtechnik

My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
I'm looking for an exhaust tip off of a CL450. On the one piece style CL mufflers, the lower tip (after the can) is removable. I need the removable piece.

cl450_muffler_tip.JPG

If the CL350 exhaust has this removable tip, it is probably the same part.

So, anybody cutting the old rotten cans off of their CL pipes, I need the exhaust tip you are about to chuck.

I'll check, I have like 4 sets of high pipes... and a couple random mufflers, I'll let you know tommorrow!

I just got a set of pipes from a guy in wisconsin. He is cutting the mufflers off and only sending me the headers. You could try calling or emailing him and seeing if the tip on the mufflers is in good shape. I'll PM you his info.

^Bump^

CThor's lead didn't pan out. I got the stock CL pipes put on my bike this past weekend and they look and sound great. Now I just need this missing muffler tip.

Anybody?

^bump^

The local bike show is coming up and my exhaust would like to be complete.

BUMP.

Still looking for this thing. One showed up on ebay, but it is NOS and I can't afford it. Anyone?

cl450_muffler_tip.JPG

I'll look today dude. For some reason when I first saw this post I'm thinking that mine aren't removable? Still don't remember seeing a way that they come off......

Disliked23 said:
I'll look today dude. For some reason when I first saw this post I'm thinking that mine aren't removable? Still don't remember seeing a way that they come off......

It depends on the year. Some are removable and some aren't. If it is removable, you will see a bolt on the back side that screws into a nutplate on the inside of the tip.

Thanks for taking a look.

BTW, I sent the second set of side cover bolts to Goodfornothing (Adam). Got mine mounted this last weekend and they look great. Thanks again.

Still haven't looked yet, but I talked to curbtiger last week (hanging out at my mechanic's shop) and he mentioned that he has a ton of cb/cl450 parts laying around. Maybe try pming him?

^Bump^

Still looking for this part. Anyone get one in the last year?

CL450 removable muffler tip. I think they are only on '70 and '71 bikes with the one piece muffler.

cl450_muffler_tip.JPG

Back
Top Bottom