CM400E BIKE RUNS LIKE CRAP AFTER ELECTRICAL

Rupreck

So this is the deal bike was running tits before i probably most likely did a retareded move. my kill switch is broken so i attempted to rig up a random push button 2 pole switch to kill the bikes power. so i rigged up switch and attached it to the blue wire i believe and killed the bike power worked good. but then the bike was fucken up bad when i started next few times. ill add pic of where i hooked it up. its sounding like sometimes as if the starter motor is perhaps kicking on after start up right after i start bike but it could be somehting diff making the noise..then when i try and accelrate the throttle it misfire/pops loud loud like gunshot. doesnt accelrate bogs down pops then dead crap.. it idles like shit but not super super bad.. im tellin u the bike ran bomb before i touched the already shotty electrical. previous owners spliced into shit and wires are yknow cluster fucked... but again bike was running good.. did i kill cdi killl stator kill some other random things shit i dunno i need help bad guys.. attached are the pics of the plug i went into to put the kill switch its a connector on the right side of the bike under cover in area where fusses are located.. attache dis also a relay or something im wondering what it went to... please help me get my bike back up n runnin :D

Attachments

• IMG_1986[1].JPG
    IMG_1986[1].JPG
    925.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1988[1].JPG
    IMG_1988[1].JPG
    972.1 KB · Views: 202
The blue and white wires are for the CDI unit, not for the kill switch. The kill switch wire is the black/white one.

You'll want to get the white and blue wires back to where they were before.

Wires are back together and the switch I sntalled to kill power is gone. I hooked switch to blue wire and then to ground so when I pushed the button it would kill power to the blue wire. After I did that is when I started having issues.. what do I do now

I wouldn't think so, no. But I'm not very familiar with the internal workings of the box.

You don't have the black/white wire grounded, do you?

That second pic you posted is a diode. The arrow points in the direction of power flow. Is that wired backwards? What exactly is the current issue since you fixed what Sonreir suggested.

OK, grab your multimeter.

Measure the resistance between the yellow and green wires coming out of the ignition coil. The resistance should be less than 1 Ohm.

Measure the resistance of the pink and green wires from the stator. The resistance should be about 135 Ohms.

Measure the resistance between the white and blue wires from the stator. The resistance should be about 85 Ohms.

Measure the resistance between the brown and light blue wires from the stator. The resistance should be about 207 Ohms.

Back
Top Bottom