Some first impressions about my new Ace

AnotherStepAway

Hi everybody!

Since a few weeks I ride an Ace 125. I rode an Ace-R 50 for a couple of months, but now I've upgraded ;)
I've been riding it quit a lot and here are some problems that occurred:

- The kickstarter sometimes comes down when I'm riding at high speeds, which 1. blocks my right foot and 2. causes the bike to pull back in a weird way. Somebody on Facebook already said this can be dangerous for the bike and myself so for now I've tightened it with some rope. What are your thoughts?
- The light bulbs of my blinkers die at a regular rate. I have the bike for less than a month and I already had to replace the bulbs 3 times... (three times a different one) Something wrong or just crap bulbs?
- Is there any way to check the fuel level other than taking off the cap and guessing? I take the highway a lot and I am so afraid I will stall without gasoline in the middle of the busy traffic :eek: How much km can you ride (at high speed) with a full tank?

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

Hi Jonas,
Commented re kickstarter on Facebook.

Have no knowledge on failing blinker bulbs. I ride my Ace daily to and from work. Only light problem was a poor contact on headlight bulb. Solution was to clean contacts.

The fuel tank holds 9 litres of fuel with reserve holding about 3 litres of that 9. Compared to most standard bikes, this is quiet a lot of reserve. Given I fill up about once a fortnight, when I hit reserve I know I can ride for a couple of days to and from work on reserve if needed.

After a while you get to know how far you can go. Depending on the mods on your bike each will be a little different.

Hope this helps a bit.

Happy riding

for the kickstarter, that sucks, it sounds like a return spring or pinion is broken. The bulbs, could be a bad regulator, but definitely a problem with the wiring harness not just the bulbs. As far as fuel goes, just make sure you keep it topped off lol.
If you it were me, and I had a brand new bike with these problems I would take it back to the dealer where you bought it, a new bike shouldnt have problems like that. Best of luck.

Don't forget to upload your details to the database and also on the locator

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55426.150

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59137.60

I'm also 100% behind Luugo86's comments.

Yep back to the dealer for sure.

From my 125 Ace, I get 175kms pretty much exactly every time until I have to swing the fuel tap up to reserve setting. If you keep an eye on the trip meter you know this is coming and can switch to reserve as you feel it running out of gas.

So i guess if that is 6 litres then I would have another 90 kms (so total range 265 kms) but I always fill up and zero the trip meter before 200 kms.

I average 86 miles per imperial gallon or 3.2l/100km.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks. Sadly they were closed so I'll have to wait a couple of days.

Meanwhile I have another question :) Is it normal my headlight flickers when the bike is in Neutral? I mean, the more gas I give, the harder it burns. Shouldn't it just run off the battery? Or is this an electricity problem that can be related to the failing of my blinkers?

AnotherStepAway said:
Thanks. Sadly they were closed so I'll have to wait a couple of days.

Meanwhile I have another question :) Is it normal my headlight flickers when the bike is in Neutral? I mean, the more gas I give, the harder it burns. Shouldn't it just run off the battery? Or is this an electricity problem that can be related to the failing of my blinkers?
Hi Jonas. that issue you describe sounds like either battery and/or more likely a regulator problem..... get it back to the dealer and say sort it! :eek:
TDMalcolm

Back
Top Bottom