Free Welding Cart !!! M.Y.O.

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
So a neighbor of mine decided to Take one of these Home from the market ....I desperately needed a welding cart SO I asked if I could have it and she said she wouldn't say anything (not sure what she mean't by that) BUT SCORE!!!!! Modified the crap out of it still need to ad a Beer Holster and a more beefy bottle holder as well as sides and a back for the MIG...Probably will paint it Once it's Finished

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2(9).jpg
    imagejpeg_2(9).jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 355
  • imagejpeg_2(14).jpg
    imagejpeg_2(14).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 365
  • imagejpeg_4(3).jpg
    imagejpeg_4(3).jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 348
  • imagejpeg_3(9).jpg
    imagejpeg_3(9).jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 341
There a blast to make too Any Old gears Lying around? BAM....MIG gun holster

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2(24).jpg
    imagejpeg_2(24).jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 343
I also welded an L shaped rail along the bottom frame tube to hold the Mig feed Hose up off the ground so I don't step on it ....then added some old handle grips and a mack truck dog

Attachments

• imagejpeg_3(15).jpg
    imagejpeg_3(15).jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 352
  • imagejpeg_2(21).jpg
    imagejpeg_2(21).jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 348
U sure Can Just Nominate this Cart for the Mod of the month in Lounging at the club section.....I'll send you a "FREE TOOL"

Re: Re: Free Welding Cart !!! M.Y.O.

jsharpphoto said:
so can i come over to your shop and borrow some tools? and then give them away when i'm done?

ha ha

DesmoBro said:
U sure Can Just Nominate this Cart for the Mod of the month in Lounging at the club section.....I'll send you a "FREE TOOL"

hmm... Mod of the Month? You took a shopping cart that costs $150-175, and made it into a welding cart that would have cost you $125. Congratulations. I really don't want to hound you about this, because i'm certainly no boy scout, but if you want to clear your karma, you should go to that store and explain the situation and ask if you can repay him for the shopping cart.

The Neighbor said I could Have it.....
Also regular Welding Carts don't have the Mig Holster and the rail to keep the wire feed hose off the ground.

I wonder what they would say if I pushed it back as is, and told them the story

The neighbor said you could have it, sure. It didn't belong to the neighbor. The neighbor stole it, and you knew that.

Oh come on, I've got like 5 shopping carts lying around from defunct businesses etc. that I've gotten for free over the years. Along with fixtures, etc. from CVS, home depot, and wal mart. There's a real possibility that it came from the trash. If a wheel goes bad or it gets bent or whatever they don't fix them, they trash em. After the tornadoes hit here in 2011 there was tons of stuff like shelves, AC units, shopping carts (or buggies if you're from the south), you name it up for grabs because they were "water" or "storm" damaged. Hell the trusses in my garage are leftover HUD home trusses bought by fema and never used for reconstruction. I give you the benefit of a doubt. Cool cart.

Im a chaotic good personality though, so I see it a different way.

(insert bad D&D reference)

jsharpphoto said:
hmm... Mod of the Month? You took a shopping cart that costs $150-175, and made it into a welding cart that would have cost you $125. Congratulations. I really don't want to hound you about this, because i'm certainly no boy scout, but if you want to clear your karma, you should go to that store and explain the situation and ask if you can repay him for the shopping cart.

LOL yeah you should realy do that bwahahahaa

jsharpphoto said:
The neighbor said you could have it, sure. It didn't belong to the neighbor. The neighbor stole it, and you knew that.

i bet you would turn in a kid that rides with no lights at night too right? We call people like you 'moraalridders'

google it.

I made this cart for my tigger this week from scratch. Just some metal i bought. At a store. For money. My money. I earned it. With working.

1003187_394586357319950_621409197_n.jpg

But i'm a bad boy too. I made a music-video when i was in artschool. It features six shopping carts, transformed into chairs hanging 5 meters high. And yes, i stole them. I set them free for the bigger cause. The music is about mass-consumption and how the artists hate that. So its a double layer thingy aswell ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFoXJ6PW0PI

Nice Cart & Sweet Video Bert....I was just thinking what am I gonna do with my old welding table ...Maybe i'll make a chair. Why do all the site supporters have "stolen" shopping cart stories?

Re: Re: Free Welding Cart !!! M.Y.O.

DesmoBro said:
Why do all the site supporters have "stolen" shopping cart stories?

Because we are the cool kids :D

Rich Ard said:
The story started with the neighbor stealing the cart ::)

Your beard smells.

Bert Jan said:
i bet you would turn in a kid that rides with no lights at night too right? We call people like you 'moraalridders'

Not at all. While I don't brag about my illegal activities on the Internet, as I said, I'm certainly no boy scout, or a narc.

What I did t want to happen was for this to turn into "How to take a shopping cart and make _____ out of it, no go steal your own!

Shopping carts cost a lot more than people think, and from the perspective of a small business owner, that's not something I can afford to replace just because someone thinks its cool.

If you want a shopping cart, go to a salvage or scrap yard, don't steal one even if its from Walmart.

As Bert said, the neighbor really didn't steal the cart, she set it free. Free to be its own cart not confined to Walmart and its parking lot.

'Merica

Desmond is like a cowboy in the old West, keeping wayward carts off the trail.

Back
Top Bottom