Kawasaki carb boot help

Quigleyje

Changing the engine in my 81 kz550 cause it's seen better days. So I got a good deal on an 84 zx550 engine. I would like to keep my original carbs but the boots for the 81 carbs are different than the 84. Does anyone know of a set of boots that would work with the 81 carbs and the 84 engine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using DO THE TON mobile app

Quigleyje said:
Changing the engine in my 81 kz550 cause it's seen better days. So I got a good deal on an 84 zx550 engine. I would like to keep my original carbs but the boots for the 81 carbs are different than the 84. Does anyone know of a set of boots that would work with the 81 carbs and the 84 engine.

It needs a 73mm base and 29mm inlet for the carb. I think the 1977 kz900 boot would work does anyone have the dimension of that boot.

You'd probably be better off posting this question on KZrider.com

Quigleyje said:
It needs a 73mm base and 29mm inlet for the carb. I think the 1977 kz900 boot would work does anyone have the dimension of that boot.

I have a set of stock Z1 boots (same thing). I do know the opening where the carbs slides in will be closer to 33-34mm but I’ll need to check to get better numbers. Only reason I know they are not 29 is you can get 29mm smoothbore carbs to fit up including the spigot.

Later, Doug

Back
Top Bottom