"Rust" Honda CB450SC Cafe/Bobber (first bike build)

miltola

SD Cafes...
Heyyy.... this is my first forum build thread and my first Bike so please forgive and tell me when i make a mistake.... cuz i know there will be many.... here we gooooo ! ! !

This are pics from the day I piked it up... keep in mind that this bike has been stored for almost 10 years in a not very dry place.

PrimerasFotos01.jpg

PrimerasFotos04.jpg

PrimerasFotos06.jpg

PrimerasFotos07.jpg

PrimerasFotos08.jpg

PrimerasFotos12.jpg

PrimerasFotos13.jpg

PrimerasFotos14.jpg

PrimerasFotos15.jpg

PrimerasFotos16.jpg

Re: Dom Rep's Honda CB450SC Cafe/Bobber

That could be a really great looking bike, what style of build are you going for? How does the engine look close up? You need some patience to get it running again but it is a Honda, so you've got an advantage there.

James McBride said:
That could be a really great looking bike, what style of build are you going for? How does the engine look close up? You need some patience to get it running again but it is a Honda, so you've got an advantage there.

thanks james.... im actually looking for a hybrid between a cafe and a bobber.. something like this:

I appreciate any comments or suggestions... by the way, im looking for the honda service manual... any idea were i can get it???

Attachments

• honda-cx500.jpg
    honda-cx500.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,019

That is probably the nicest cx500 I've ever seen!!!

Day 2 - Tried to turn the engine (no luck).... a friend told me that because it has not been turned on for so long i should take the spark plugs out.... going to get the plug wrench tomorow.... hopefully it will turn ! ! ! !

I also started trying out electrolysis rust removal.... i´ll post more pics tomorow.

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

Not sure about the manual but Amazon may be your best bet, or you might find a second hand one on eBay. The café bobber look is cool if done right, is that other bike you posted the Wrenchmonkees bike?

James McBride said:
Not sure about the manual but Amazon may be your best bet, or you might find a second hand one on eBay. The café bobber look is cool if done right, is that other bike you posted the Wrenchmonkees bike?

Hey James... got to tell you that I love your site (SILODROME).... yes that’s the wrenchmonkees CX500, that’s the overall look I want in my bike but I guess I will make some changes (exhaust and probably the handle bars).... I know I have to be very careful because there's a thin line between cool and ridiculous.... I will try to do my best…. I say again please don’t be afraid to speak your mind… I'm very open to critics and suggestions... is my first bike and I want to make it right... I'm a perfectionist and I'm not in a hurry either.

Bad Newsssssss ! ! ! ! the engine wont turn... i guess the 10 years stored were too mucho.... but anyways the good part is that i can complete the tear down..... here are some pics of my first electrolysis rust removal test ! ! !

The bucket.... the next day

IMG_1139.jpg

the rust receiver

IMG_1140.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the part before the process, but trust me when i tell you it was pretty rusted ! ! ! !

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

And for the grand finale ! ! ! ! my first upgrade.... Stainless Steel Hex Bolt for the gear selector ! ! ! !.... I will try to change every bolt, washer and nut to stainless steel.

IMG_1145.jpg

jajajajajaja every big journey starts with one small step ! ! ! ! jajajajajajajj

More teardown.... engine ! ! !

IMG_1179.jpg

Very dirty pistons
IMG_1177.jpg

Cilinder Dent.... i guess I found the reason why the engine didnt turn :-\
IMG_1182.jpg

Chain tensor and camshaft

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

Clutch
IMG_1186.jpg

This is the clutch case... when I removed it this little piece droped.... does anybody knoes what it is??'
IMG_1184.jpg

Re: "Rust" Honda CB450SC Cafe/Bobber (frist bike build)

Hello people..... i´ve been away for a while i know.... progress has been next to none...... but finally i finished disassembling the engine (got my arse kicked by it).... I will order piston rings and other parts i need tomorow and hopefully by next week i will have the engine back together (wish me luck.... i will need lots of it jajajajajajaj).

a good one is that i got my self a set of Suzuki TL 1000 for the best price in the world.... FREEEEEEEEE.... jajajajaaj lucky me ! ! ! !!

IMG_1206.jpg

talk to you all later ! ! ! !

Hello guys.... I've been busy lately... I have a friend who has a workshop and he had a sandblasting cabin forgotten in the back of the shop, so I spend the last couple of days putting it together... this is the end product.... is not a professional grade work but as I will paint with a textured paint I don’t have to be to strict with the blasting.

IMG_1207.jpg

I also got this steering stabilizer from the same friend that gave me the rear sets.... anyone has ever pot these on a cb450?

IMG_1208.jpg

hey guys ! ! ! ! today i started painting some of the blasted peaces.... I uses Rust-oelum paint... a textured one...

IMG_1221.jpg

Great Product ! ! ! ! love the textured finish

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

niceeeee.... i will paint the frame and forks the same color... i hope it wont look too black.... thats why im painting the engine silver with the black side and top caps...

IMG_1219.jpg

I also bought a black heat paint for the engine caps.... i will paint over the week... the weather in crazy here in the caribeean...

see you later guys... take care...

hey guys... yesterday i painted all the engine caps.... i wanted to paint them with the textured paint but i was advised not to biy my friend.... so i found this matte black... it look good i guess ! ! ! what do you think????? any ideas???

IMG_1272-1.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

The paint turned out really cool. Keep on movin on!

bananaclip said:
The paint turned out really cool. Keep on movin on!

thanks banana..... the covers have some scratch but i didnt want to prep them.... i think it gives her personality ! ! ! ! !

Seguimos pintando (still painting in spanish) jajajajjaaaj

today I finished painting the wheels... here's some pics...

Rear
IMG_1332.jpg

Front
IMG_1331.jpg

Enkei
IMG_1337.jpg

Made in Japan
IMG_1339.jpg

stay tuned !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom