DIY...Walnut motorcycle service bench

Re: Walnut service bench, all done but the finishing.

Turned out pretty damn good!
I'm jealous

Looks awesome man. Post a video when you roll a bike up onto it. I'm interested to see how this design works...

I've got a bunch of scrap wood lying around the shop ;D

Wow...........nice.

You do good work, bro.

advCo said:
Looks awesome man. Post a video when you roll a bike up onto it. I'm interested to see how this design works...

I've got a bunch of scrap wood lying around the shop ;D

Once I get the chock on it I will post a vid. Probably put Cherry Bomb on there as it will be the longest wheelbase bike I got, so it will be the most “ iffy and cantankerous “.
I really don’t intend to put the bmw on it, cause it weighs a shit ton and I’m getting to old for that crap.

SONIC. said:
Turned out pretty damn good!
I'm jealous

Haha and Thank you sir, you are too kind. I added a couple ounces of Laurel mountain Forge “Nut Brown” stain to the Dark half tung oil”. I’m happy w the color. Same stain I’ve used on curly maple rifle stocks.

Damn that's nice, great job man

By the way, getting the CB750 tomorrow - I'll take a couple of photos of the saddlebags and if they're what you're after then we'll make it happen 8)

The Jimbonaut said:
Damn that's nice, great job man

By the way, getting the CB750 tomorrow - I'll take a couple of photos of the saddlebags and if they're what you're after then we'll make it happen 8)

Thanks so much and cool. 8)

Beautiful job! With a classy bench like that you are going to have to graduate from Hondas to antique Indians and the like.

ridesolo said:
Beautiful job! With a classy bench like that you are going to have to graduate from Hondas to antique Indians and the like.

Thanks so much bro!!! 8)

In the event I do ever build another bike, it WILL be a replica board track racer...

11494-220718073603-4118954.png

I got a "spare" 400 four ready to bolt in. ;D , sitting in Hurco's shed. Just need to make the drive over to get it.

11494-220718073603-41191928.png

For now, waiting for more hardware to arrive. ( I will be able to remove, hinges and wheel chock off the bench from the topside w a single 9/16" wrench.)

11494-220718073857-4122265.png

11494-220718073857-4123421.png

Ive started applying and buffing hard wax finish. Carnauba wax

11494-220718073603-41201744.jpeg

11494-220718073603-4121295.jpeg

trek97 said:
I got a "spare" 400 four ready to bolt in. ;D , sitting in Hurco's shed. Just need to make the drive over to get it.

Oh no... Levi's shed... bro... dude... do you have any concept of Levi's shed? There are SOOO many things there! Things of wonder and awe, things of dread and fear, things of mystery and of dire importance to national security. If you can survive the strip search (by Navy Seals), the national security background check, the blood test, and the DNA background check you'll be allowed to enter the inter-sanctum. After you push aside the door that's disguised to look like a pile of old motorcycle tires you enter the elevator that will take you 100 feet straight down. You put on the scuba tanks and dive through a water-filled tunnel only to find another Seal team waiting... Are you sure you don't want to just put a HF Predator on your board tracker and be done with it?

ridesolo said:
Oh no... Levi's shed... bro... dude... do you have any concept of Levi's shed? There are SOOO many things there! Things of wonder and awe, things of dread and fear, things of mystery and of dire importance to national security. If you can survive the strip search (by Navy Seals), the national security background check, the blood test, and the DNA background check you'll be allowed to enter the inter-rectum. After you push aside the door that's disguised to look like a pile of old motorcycle tires you enter the elevator that will take you 100 feet straight down. You put on the scuba tanks and dive through a water-filled tunnel only to find another Seal team waiting... Are you sure you don't want to just put a HF Predator on your board tracker and be done with it?

That does sound like a lot. ;D

The fancy lifting / folding casters Eric turned me onto are cool as fuck. 8)

11494-230718204230-41321660.jpeg

11494-230718204229-41311522.jpeg

11494-230718204229-4130417.jpeg

The threaded inserts make it easy peasy to pull the casters off, eliminating stubbed toes.

And the brass threaded inserts are perfect for the hinges and wheel chock.

(modifying and mounting wheel chock tomorrow eve to be done w this project.)

backside...

11494-230718204230-41331680.jpeg

outside...

11494-230718204230-4134505.jpeg

ridesolo said:
Oh no... Levi's shed... bro... dude... do you have any concept of Levi's shed? There are SOOO many things there! Things of wonder and awe, things of dread and fear, things of mystery and of dire importance to national security. If you can survive the strip search (by Navy Seals), the national security background check, the blood test, and the DNA background check you'll be allowed to enter the inter-sanctum. After you push aside the door that's disguised to look like a pile of old motorcycle tires you enter the elevator that will take you 100 feet straight down. You put on the scuba tanks and dive through a water-filled tunnel only to find another Seal team waiting... Are you sure you don't want to just put a HF Predator on your board tracker and be done with it?
I can't believe you gave away the secret to how to get into my secret lair...

Poor Eric is gonna be disappointed to realize that it's a one car attached garage with barely enough room to walk lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
I can't believe you gave away the secret to how to get into my secret lair...

Poor Eric is gonna be disappointed to realize that it's a one car attached garage with barely enough room to walk lol

No worries mate, even with that tiny bit of fact, nobody knows the super-secret location so all is still safe. By the way, I heard that your shipment of alligators has arrived so you can change your security level back to A+++ after losing that pair who ate an intruder, got sick, and died.

Let me know when he and the lovely Lady Rachel are going to come over and I may try to trot down and say howdy.

ridesolo said:
Let me know when he and the lovely Lady Rachel are going to come over and I may try to trot down and say howdy. [/font][/size]

I got a couple Honey do's over then next couple weekends then we should be free to make the trip.

While I building cabinet shelves for Rachel and waiting for glue to dry.

I used scraps of walnut to make a matching stool. Swivel seat adjusts from 17" - 22"

11494-290718081246-4163533.jpeg

11494-290718081247-41772387.jpeg

I had used all of my walnut dowels on the bench.

Luckily I had enough 3/8" brass rod left over from my rifle building days.

Cut 2" lengths and randomly scored to create a mechanical lock once glued in.

11494-290718081247-4179457.jpeg

11494-290718081247-4180364.jpeg

11494-290718081247-417877.jpeg

2" purple gel pad wrapped in leather seat. Nice and squishy, cant feel the walnut board underneath it at all.

11494-290718081247-41812247.jpeg

That will make work easier on you. One suggestion - casters for the stool. The wife brought homes a low stool on casters that her doctors were tossing. I use the dickens out of it.

Man, I am digging your work, sir.

And I agree, wheels on that there stool would push it over the top. Ha, stool.

Back
Top Bottom