Gauging interest for hard-tails...

my weld-on tc bros hardtail arrived today ;D

and my mikes xs order that i ordered yesterday showed up right after :eek:

Couldn't get the exhaust finished last night guys. Should have some pics today/tomorrow though. It's sweet....

We're also going to pen out the final costing of tails soon. We will be starting with a base tail cost with upgrades available ala-cart.

As example - license plate/light bracket, springer seat, electronics bag, chain tensioner, etc. You can then choose to have the frame sent back with a raw rear end and your stock coated front (to prep/paint on your own) or we can blast it and powder coat it before it leaves.

The idea here is that you get back a frame ready to either continue building on your end or, simply bolt your existing parts and hit the starter button. All the while offering some different options to create diversity in the final product.

I need to understand though how many people want tails and for what models. That will dictate which ones we burn on the jig first. I'll be posting a new thread shortly to confirm models and #'s.

Thanks for looking and keeping the creativity flowing guys.

Great stuff to come!

Jason

Yeah, I've already been talkin to ya about my CB450, and I've been checkin this board twice a day for updates. I really like what you've done. Btw are you using a custom exhaust, or the original?

cookiemonster said:
Yeah, I've already been talkin to ya about my CB450, and I've been checkin this board twice a day for updates. I really like what you've done. Btw are you using a custom exhaust, or the original?

Yes, it's custom but it will be available as a production item that compliments the hard-tail. You can always also go the route of stock headers with straight pipes or any other config. There's plenty of room under the frame for clearance.

J

Jason,

Keep me posted on this, you have me really interested in a hard tail for a 1971 CB450. In the long run you would be saving me my time, (which is money to me) if I had you do this to my frame. Keep the interest flowing. I would be one to go with an "a la carte".

Thanks, Ross

thewingdpiston said:
....alright

here's a teaser shot boys

dcc450tail.jpg

That looks insane. Well done gents.

--Chris

That looks killer brother! I promise, mines on the way this week! Ill give ya a call here soon. Sorry 'bout the delay, works been a bitch!

Alright guys...

Here's the shots we've been promising. Sorry that she's dirty as all get-out. We ran into some issues tuning it and it took longer than expected and I haven't had time to wash her. The big-bore kit is insane and we can vouch that the .120" wall exhaust makes this bike sound and feel like no other CB we've ever heard. By doing the port calulations and integrating a turbulance pin we've achieved what we believe to be a fairly tuned exhaust..but more on that in another thread. :)

We plan on spending the week getting her all tuned up and taking the virgin ride this weekend.

Let us know what you think. We're going to start another thread so we can accurately gauge interest and pick our direction for production of the tails and options.

[outside the garage basking in the moonlight]
IMG_5466.jpg

[full side shot]
IMG_5501.jpg

[almost close enough for a kiss]
IMG_5474.jpg

[frontside-kickflip, BAM!]
IMG_5488.jpg

[backside-50/50, POW!]
IMG_5490.jpg

[nice ass...]
IMG_5509.jpg

man that looks awesome! just awesome... one thing that i would sugest i will PM you... bike looks great!

I'm sure this is obvious stuff but...just in case. All the wiring still needs tied up, new exhaust bracket made and pipes adjusted, seat needs leathered, etc. These are still rough shots boys, this thing ain't no where near done. We've got a custom Baxter kicker pedal coming, etched engine side covers and a bunch more goodies!

J

JRK5892 said:
I think it looks great! love the forward controls!!!

Thanks Joe. The location of the stock front motor mount is perfect. It's soooo comfortable. We'll be offering the replacement mounts with controls and linkage as an option as well. For the beta bike I actually used the old rear down tube and cut it up. I thought about welding the holes up from where the stock rear mount bolts went through but then I decided to leave it. It looks cool and serves as a reminder. :)

J

looks like i need to start to save up some COIN! love this build... after i do the bore, cams, and head work on my harley this is going to be my next big purchase... I love it! hell if i time it right i can pick it up the frame while we are down there on our bike trip! that would be killer!

LOve it! So many awesome little details! the exhaust is so killer sexy and so are the other little things. From the headlight ears down to the linkage for the forward controls and everything in between. Just clean and sexy! The whole bike everywhere. Just awesome! Can't say enough.

My jaw's on the floor gents. Well done boys. I need to come back out and see it in person.

--Chris

Back
Top Bottom