JAN 2014 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTE!

Vote for the one you like :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote vote vote! If anyone wants their poll photo changed PM me the link to the new image.

Post up why you voted for your choice, more pics, build details...

Three very different approaches to building a motorcycle, and all extremely well crafted.

That said, using the principle of voting for the bike you would prefer to ride, I have no hesitation in casting my ballot for Redbird's DS7!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Three very

That said, using the principle of voting for the bike you would prefer to ride

Crazy
stroker...I know that as a child I always wanted one of the honda trail 70's and my dad wouldn't let me have any form of a motorcycle. I use to sit for HOURS in my neighbors garage looking at his RM125 and hoping he would let me ride it. Not. OMG when my son said he wanted a motorcycle that took about a week and we got a ds80. The first time he showed off for his momma he found the power band and road it into my neighbors fence. We now have many motorcycles. The one WE prefer to ride? Lucky. Never have I had more of a growing giggle! All the moments that I wanted to ride all all all are wrapped up every time I ride LuckY! http://youtu.be/JefvpxoXXiw

Special note - our good friends at Bullit Custom Cycles are offering up a $20 gift card to the winner of our Bike of the Month contests! Check out all the gear they can hook you up with for your next BOTM winner :)

www.bullitcustomcycles.com

Daftclass said:
Question for texasstar & zeke first.

Did you make those fairings or buy them?
Airtech made the fairing and seat we had to lengthen the seat pan on the Tz Aero Tail. Our fairing is a reduced Mountain Peel that Frank Scurria used to win the AFM championship in 1961. The Mountain Peel was used on the Isle of Man TT and the Tail was used at Daytona. So Lucky has some racing heritage to help her Do The Ton. For those that don't know about Lucky she has been evolving. She sat in a dingy warehouse for thirty years with a seized engine until my son wanted to learn how to build a motorcycle. Here are some earlier incarnations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,749
Texasstar said:
stroker...I know that as a child I always wanted one of the honda trail 70's and my dad wouldn't let me have any form of a motorcycle. I use to sit for HOURS in my neighbors garage looking at his RM125 and hoping he would let me ride it. Not. OMG when my son said he wanted a motorcycle that took about a week and we got a ds80. The first time he showed off for his momma he found the power band and road it into my neighbors fence. We now have many motorcycles. The one WE prefer to ride? Lucky. Never have I had more of a growing giggle! All the moments that I wanted to ride all all all are wrapped up every time I ride LuckY! http://youtu.be/JefvpxoXXiw

Texas, I started out on a DS80 myself. I couldn't believe the power that little guy had! I can't remember how many front brake levers I snapped on it though...

In the event of a crash over water will that airtech seat double as a flotation device?

bradj said:
In the event of a crash over water will that airtech seat double as a flotation device?
"Will that seat double as a flotation device?" Brad, Lucky wants to know how much mileage you got out of that pick up line? ;) To quote This Is Spinal Tap...the bigger the cushion the better the pushin' and the better the aerodynamics. We are still thinking about using the Vesco Big Butt ;) what we have found the bigger the tail the better the sail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 296
Yeah, I gotta go with the local. I also stole a couple of ideas off of his bike ;)

Thanks for the compliments. I'm both flattered and humbled ;)

Here's the link for the build thread again...
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=14897.msg147492#msg147492

Technically her name is Molly, although she's generally referred to as "The DS7". She acquired her name from the band Molly Hatchet, because in the early stages of her build, everytime I'd take her for a ride I would hear "Flirtin with Disaster" playing in my head. Because I expected catastrophic failure to occur at any moment. But over time she's proven to be very reliable. Both in performance and maintenance. She's a hoot to ride, and she definitely gets ridden. She's been all over New Orleans and the surrounding area. She's been on the track a few times during local trackdays. And she's been all over Barber Motorsports Park, and some of the backroads around it. She's always been quite the conversation piece, but what I've found to be the most enjoyable aspects of the build, is all the really outstanding people I've met because of it. I can't imagine ever getting rid of her ;)

Now for some pic whoring :p

This is where she started
DSCF0001.jpg

And this is probably the most recent pic, taken late October
photo_zps70f2d117.jpg

And some Eye Candy
audubonpark022.jpg

009-1.jpg

013a.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

VintageFest78.jpg

20120615_191409.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAzNTQuanBn.jpg

576287931_2DBHN-O.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAzODcuanBn-1.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwODcuanBnedit2.jpg

014.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

HDcrawfest041.jpg

HDcrawfest051.jpg

splatrace049.jpg

IMG0710-XL.jpg

IMG0700-XL.jpg

IMG0770-XL.jpg

Chris you are the breast! We have a Teazer no breasts just moments. http://youtu.be/hpqhQyn2NAo

Back
Top Bottom