JUNE 2014 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTE!

Vote for the one you like :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote! If anyone wants their voting pic changed just let me know. Post up your pics and stories!

I don't what to say about mine besides it started out ugly, I replaced a ton of parts, and I think it turned out nice. All the work was done inside my garage including the handmade tail section, hand built exhaust, top end rebuild, and all paint/body work.

Before.

This is my first down to frame build. I tried to do as much as possible myself. I left the welding to a friend (who I now owe my soul too) who does it for a living. I did as all the design work. Doing allot of Cad design and laser cutting.
I am happy with how the build came together. It is definletly a hobby I enjoy and will be building another one soon!!

P.S. It would make a really good birthday gift to have my bike be BOTM in June! ;)

How I received the bike:

Finished product:

My bike next to a stock 1975 Honda CB360T:

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the nomination.
Nice work Bucky685, fresh-c & bradj - proud to be with you here.
Doc

Attachments

• Test ride to the pub..jpg
    Test ride to the pub..jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 390
  • CB750TT Motor.png
    CB750TT Motor.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 2,052
Doc

Attachments

• CB750TT named.png
    CB750TT named.png
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Lucille at The Bike Shed lll.jpg
    Lucille at The Bike Shed lll.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 388
All very nice bikes ! But the story behind Brads is cool as he didn't build it for himself but for his dad which gave up his years ago for his family if I'm not mistaken !

Yea when i was a kid my dad had a t500 that he street raced. I remember walking up the road to the suzuki dealer to pick up a cone kit that my dad ordered to build his chambers 25 bucks haha those days are gone. anyway i would ride on the back of that bike to the bar, my old man would get me a soda and french fries and tell me to be good. he would them turn around and ask the table full of bikes dipshits " so whitch one of you guys think your junk is fast" some leather covered scum bag would always pipe up and outside they would go. At 8 years old watching my dad do long rolling burn outs was the koolest thing in the world. then watching the harley put its front wheel on the bumper of a truck to break the rear tire loose was funny as shit.
He won way more than he lost, there were fights sometimes but not all the time. Needless to say i was hooked! when my brother was born my mother was driving a gto with a badly rusted frame so dad sold the goat and the titan and a few other toys to buy her a used 85 voyager. Fastforward a few years and i finally get a old cb500 and my dad was livid i had to keep it a a friends house at first not becouse it was a motorcycle he didnt want me to have but becouse it was a honda haha and its been down hill from there.

I was looking for a lost title at my parents one night and i found the title for dads old titan still in his name! Turns out the guy that bought it never came back for it. At this point my mission was clear find that bike. after talking to alot of old drag racer i narrowed my search to a few square miles of town and started knocking on doors. Then i found a rusted to shit roller in a barn, no engine wheels rusted to nothing and ape hanger bars. Low and behold the vin matched. i hammered out a deal for the frame a few days befor the barn was to be cleaned out by a local scraper. months later another member bbillington was selling a basket case gt500 for sale. while i was there i noticed a nice titan than he wouldnt sell. i asked if he would please let me know when and if i could be bought. the following year it was finally mine. now that my war chest of suzuki parts had grown i started to have parts painted and polished. once it was all but done i gave it back to my dad in hopes that he would dot the i's and cross the t's in retirement. he threw a few months and a several hundred bucks at it and gave it back to me becouse he couldnt pull the clutch in anymore. as far as im conserned this bike is never ever not gonna belong to me or at the very least a family member. thanks for the nomination its a privlage to sit at the table with the other bikes in the running

Hate to vote against a chopper, but I've seen that 500 up close and Suzuki didnt build 'em that pretty. Plus, the asshole deserves a vote for having a bike in his basement for longer than a weekend without cutting to pieces.

VonYinzer said:
Hate to vote against a chopper, but I've seen that 500 up close and Suzuki didnt build 'em that pretty. Plus, the asshole deserves a vote for having a bike in his basement for longer than a weekend without cutting to pieces.

I see how it is, turning your back on the chop... J/k I'll let it slide this time, since it is a clean zuki, with an awesome story to boot. And that he reisted chopping it up!

This bike in 1983. if you ride a honda...let me explain if a tire spins fast in one spot on black top it will heat up and white smoke will start to roll off the hot rubber hahah

Attachments

• 2014-05-29 13.38.08.jpg
    2014-05-29 13.38.08.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 586
bradj said:
This bike in 1983. if you ride a honda...let me explain if a tire spins fast in one spot on black top it will heat up and white smoke will start to roll off the hot rubber hahah

1983 sort of explains the cutoffs and socks.

Back
Top Bottom