1976 Honda GL1000

Then I'll show with mine and his CB900 motor, his XS1100 and we'll call it a party.

deviant said:
Then I'll show with mine and his CB900 motor, his XS1100 and we'll call it a party.

I want in, just for the beer and to watch Murray get it running right and learn something ;D

Long time between updates. I took the paperweight up to Murrays yesterday for a single carb treatment. Lost a few parts while it was being stored and moved over the winter so I've got to order a few things. Hopefully soon we will be getting close to riding this beast.

Lots of guys on the Classic GoldWings forum going single-carb with mostly good results. Many different ways to do runners, manifold, etc.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

So after all this time, much trial, and a hole heap of tribulation it finally runs and rides. Murray (cxman) has been a huge help. He installed one of his single carb kits, built the exhaust, gave me the back rest and helped me get the brakes going. It still needs tires, cleaning, and general TLC but I've taken it around the block a few times now and all seems to be well.

Wife took this video when we cruised around the block. Yes, i know riding with no gear is a bad idea. Not how I normally ride, just went for a quick spin.

barbers is coming better get at it

dont forget the muffler support brackets

Still got that in mind. I may just order something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Exhaust-Silencer-Can-Hanging-Strap-Bracket-Round-98-mm-Diameter-/161554289423?hash=item259d62d30f&vxp=mtr

So, I have to give some props to cxmans carb kits. If you're dealing with an GL and wanna quit messing around with those four carbs then Murrays kit is a plug and play solution. It's no more expensive than sending your original rack out to be professionally cleaned and it'll last a lot longer. My garage find bike now fires up easily and runs very well.

Also, I've got a 76 GL carb rack for sale if anyone wants it. I installed a whole rebuild kit from Randakk, every o-ring, gasket or seal. I could just never get it right. I think they may just be way out of synch. Make me an offer on it.

john83 said:
Also, I've got a 76 GL carb rack for sale if anyone wants it. I installed a whole rebuild kit from Randakk, every o-ring, gasket or seal. I could just never get it right. I think they may just be way out of synch. Make me an offer on it.
Ebay'em! But, don't,set the buy-it-now too low! I sold a spare set to a rebuilder in California for what my '78 (with two racks of carbs) cost me. Sold a '78 rack because I discovered it had a '75 engine and rack.

No apology necessary. I spent three years in phoenix riding with no helmet after swearing up and down id never do it. All the things that attract me to motorcycles are enhanced with no helmet. Sound, sight, freedom and fear. I also know it is ignorant.

Just remember that passengers have much less reaction time during unexpected manuevers.

A family that rides together stays together, enjoy the long late riding season!!

DohcBikes said:
No apology necessary. I spent three years in phoenix riding with no helmet after swearing up and down id never do it. All the things that attract me to motorcycles are enhanced with no helmet. Sound, sight, freedom and fear. I also know it is ignorant.

Just remember that passengers have much less reaction time during unexpected manuevers.

A family that rides together stays together, enjoy the long late riding season!!
Is this in the right thread?

Back
Top Bottom