new Conti GO 110-80-18 tire

eyhonda

Coast to Coast
Conti-GO tire 110-80-18 ('09 front) new. $60. The 110 tire is a front tire that I was going to use as a rear.

Shipping is from Detroit, Michigan.
rear tire 1.JPG

rear tire 2.JPG

rear tire 3.JPG

Re: WM2 and WM3 alloy rims and new tires

Sold the rear GB500 rim and 90-90 tire.

Still have the WM2 front alloy rim and 110-80 tire.

Also have the front hub, ready to lace up.

Make me an offer!

I was going to do more research on this first. AFAIK, the rear tire is designed for braking and accelerating forces. The front is only designed for braking forces. But I was thinking that for low power bikes, it was not going to matter much. I could be wrong but I have not asked the forum this question. Maybe someone with better knowledge can chime in. The size is better suited for the rear but the price I got it for, I was ok with it.

From the Maxxis site:
Can I use a tire designed for the front on the rear of a motorcycle?

Answer

Tires marked as front or rear tires should only be used in their designated position. Correct matching of front and rear tires is critical to obtaining optimum performance and handling.

Front and rear tires have different handling needs. A front tire has a more triangulated profile for steering control, while a rear tire has a flatter profile for bike stability. Using a tire in a position for which it was not designed will result in reduced handling capability, putting the rider in danger.

Combining a new front tire with a worn rear tire or vice versa may cause instability. Always consult your vehicle’s manufacturer before modifying your motorcycle’s tires from stock.

Sorry for the bad idea. Disregard it.

Back
Top Bottom