Local Runs, Rides, and Get ups...

cafetbird

Bound for the Playground....
Thread here for local activities! Post up ideas for rides here. If you want to host, name a time, place, and destination / route info.

OK, so New Years Day is probably for "recovery" Hair of the dog, and all.... but what about a ride on Sunday the 2nd? We could meet up on the west side of town, and head to points in the Uwharries...

Any takers?

There is a new years day ride on - the guys are rolling up from Fayetteville, meet up in Raleigh, and then roll over to Asheboro to meet the Triad folks. Lunch in Asheboro

Stay tuned here for further details...

OK, here you go.... This is the Triumph Bonneville riders - a pretty straight up bunch.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Dec 29, 2010 7:21 AM
Subject: New Years Day ride
To: "cc@home" <ccrain2@nc.rr.com>

Friends, I've been contacted by a couple folks asking if there's going to be a New Years Day ride, so I'm putting one together. It looks like the weather will be in the mid 60s, so what better way to bring in the new year than with a good m/c ride, followed by whatever flips your switch.. (I don't want to know..).

We'll give the sun time to come out and work its magic. Therefore, the plan will be to leave the Cedar Point Restaurant in Spring Lake at 10:00 Saturday morning, ride north to Lillington where we'll meet a rider or two from the Raleigh area, then continue north to Fuquay where we'll get on Hwy 42 and head west toward Asheboro. We'll link up with some folks from the Winston-Salem area at the Jug Town Cafe on old Hwy 220 just south of Asheboro for a snack, (I highly recommend the lemon meringue pie), probably around 12:30 or so.

If you're coming from Raleigh, we'll meet you at the Kangaroo store on the corner of 210 and 421 in Lillington (it's just north of the bridge that goes over the Cape Fear River) at about 10:30

If you're able to make the journey, send me a reply so I won't leave w/o you. A no-reply infers that you won't make it, or that you'll be nursing a hangover.. or that you're in sunny and warm Florida.. ya bastich!..

Invite your friends.

If you have questions or comments, or good ideas, send me an email, or give me a call / 910.309.RIDE(7433).

Even if you can't make it, please accept my best wishes for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday morning.

Raleigh meet up locale for New Years Run:

There's a big SHEETS gas station on Hwy 401 South just as you get to Fuquay-Varina. They'll meet there at 1000. We'll meet them a the Kangaroo station at the intersection of Hwy 210 and 401 in Lillington (just north of the Cape Fear River).

Starting to feel like a spokesperson or something... :-X

Looks like FYBO in Durham is the next chance to DTT on the agenda (15 Jan - 8:00). Change your oil, grab the thermals, and let it burn! How about the Raleigh group hitting somewhere on the north side to ride out. Maybe Cafe Carolina at Harrison and Weston in Cary - They are open, and likely to be warm by then - roll out 7:30 a.m.? If that is too nancy for ...ya, we need to find a good Waffle House, or a gas station with a few indoor seats...

Others, we'll meet you at ground zero...

LOL - Oh, I just realized the event doesn't start until 10:00 on Saturday... lol. With the Friday night festivities also, that will be about just right. Anyone going up Friday to the Green Room?

So, lets revise that meet up to 9:00 and ride out time to maybe 9:30? Another option is meet up at the Farmers Market - good grub there....

Unfortunately, the non-photogenic demons are tormenting me once again, so the photogs of the Norton did not turn out, Eric. Nice to see if out and about!

OK, so we are on for something "reasonably official" now? Not talking about a big hoopla, just getting together at a local event, hang out and ride. No fees, no volunteering, just ridin' and representin'.

Cafe Racer Gathering and Ride at the AMCA Southern Nationals
Time: Friday, May 13 at 12:00pm - May 15 at 2:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info Hosted by DTT Triangle and The Queen City Aces. Meet up at the 2nd Annual AMCA Southern National Meet in Denton May 13-15. (http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/) Camp out at the park, organized ride on the local Uwharrie Mtn twisties. All vintage lovers, cafe racers, and retro sport riders are welcome! Bring your friends. More details to follow....

Here is the latest version of the calendar for 011:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raleigh Eurobike Show - Moores Square ; 9 April 2011, Moore's Square, Downtown Raleigh

Carolina Classic Motorcycle Show - Stanley, NC; 7 May 2011

AMCA 2011 Southern National Meet - Denton, NC; 13-15 May 2011:

3 State Mountain Ride (Vintage Brit), Blowing Rock, NC(?); 22-24 May

Queen City Ace's Asheville Ride - Charlotte to Asheville, NC June 4th

British in the Blue Ridge - Hiawassee, GA; June 10-12

Smokeout - Rockingham, NC; June 24-25

Heavy Rebel Weekender, Winston Salem, 4th of July weekend

ARHMA Races at VIR - Danville, VA; 12 - 14 Aug

EWC Vintage Swap Meet - NC State Fairgrounds, Raleigh; Aug 20-21

Bull City Rumble - Durham, NC; 3-5 September 2011

East Coast Timing Association Speed Trials
April 2-3, May 14-15, June 25-26, September 24-25, October 29-30

Folks: Queen City Aces are rolling down to Maxton for the East Coast Timing Association Land Speed Trials this Saturday. They want to meet up with anyone from DTT Tri going. I won't make it this time, due to kid stuff going on this weekend...

This Sunday:

motorcyclesundays.jpg

A few things coming up... so time for a little banter out here:

1. Smokeout, Rockingham, NC; 24-26 Jun - Crazy chop and bob rally. Everyone should experience it at least once. 2 hour ride from Raleigh

2. Antique Motorcycle Club Gold Hill Rally, Gold Hill, NC; 25 Jun - Similar to the Denton rally, only smaller. A smaller rally for mostly American made vintage and historic bikes. Also a 2 hour ride.

3. Heavy Rebel Weekender, Winston Salem, NC. 2-4 Jul, with Saturday being the best day. Hot rods, rockabilly, pinups and cafe bikes. Lots of fun. Also a 2 hour ride from here.

4. Cafe Racer Motorcycle Show at the Diamond, Charlotte, NC. 3 Jul. New event, looking for cafe bikes to enter the show. Check it out on the Queen City Aces site on FB. 3 hour ride from here.

I won't be available this weekend, but if could, I'd hit Smokeout. John Little is talking about hitting one of them.

I want to roll over next Saturday to the Heavy Rebel Weekender. Anyone want to ride with?

Back
Top Bottom