CB/CL/CJ 360 Cam Chain Guide Aftermarket Pre Order

@legendary rider: I've considered fabricating a tensioner from delrin or other suitable plastic with a metal backer attached with screws or rivets like what you're thinking. However, I think that the different expansion coefficients of the materials might create some issues with stress on either the plastic or screws. When subjected to vibration or pressure from the chain, it could cause the plastic to fracture. Before this is used in an engine, it might be appropriate to test the configuration under similar heat and loading conditions.

You folks might want to buy some of mine. Cheers. Bob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB250-CB360-CJ250-CJ360-CL360-camchain-guide-tensioner-set-NEW-NEW-STOCK-/201158978600?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2ed6026c28

Sonreir (Sparckmoto) has better prices, and contributes to this site and to the craft...I have no idea who this guy is...All he has posted is 7 posts, all ads. I trust Matt much more than this guy...

bobtarbuck said:
You folks might want to buy some of mine. Cheers. Bob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB250-CB360-CJ250-CJ360-CL360-camchain-guide-tensioner-set-NEW-NEW-STOCK-/201158978600?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2ed6026c28

Have they been tested at all?

Hmm cost wise I will stay witb Matt, at least he has more show here and on the rest of the internet for that cost.

legendary_rider said:
They'll be stock guides but priced way too high.

How do we know they are Stock? Mfg'd in 2014....Not Honda, for sure....

If they aren't actual Honda parts, then "Stock" would not be appropriate...

I missed it too at first...At least many of us know Sonreir, and can trust him....this guy Bob is a big ???

Bob contacted me a while back. Bobs are NOT HONDA. They ARE HOMEMADE. And that I know of he tested the prototype in his own bike for a bit. Mileage UNKNOWN.
My money went to matt and sparckmoto.

I've been running Sonreir's (Sparck Moto) slipper/tensioner for more than a month now @ more than 1000 miles so far. They are legitimate units.

Even if Bob's were the same price or cheaper, Matt is a lot closer, though I haven't met him personally, I do know him and trust him.

Back
Top Bottom