Austin Motorcycle Hub - TERRIBLE

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
I recently had the displeasure of working with Austin Motorcycle Hub through eBay (their seller account name is classiccyclepartsunlimited).

I purchased from them (what I thought was a) rear spoke for a CB750. The item's title was, "NOS Honda Spoke BS 8X127 CB750K8 Four - Rear Wheel ? # 97371-69094R0" and the description was the same.

When the item arrived, I found out it was a front spoke instead and so I contacted the seller with the following:
[quote author=Me]Hi,

I've received the part, but this is a front spoke, not a rear. I'd like to return it, please.

Thanks,
Matt[/quote]

Their response:
[quote author=Austin Motorcycle Hub]When there is a question mark like "Rear Wheel ?" in the title, you are expected to research it with a dealer or someone knowledgeable if you do not know. It means that I could not find it. Yes, return it. [/quote]

And so I replied:
[quote author=Me]Perhaps some additional information in the description would have clarified that, rather than just repeating the title of the listing (without the question mark)?

May I please have the return address?

Thanks,
Matt[/quote]

And I get this rant from them:
[quote author=Austin Motorcycle Hub]ebay repeats OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER till the cows come home that very little is read beyond the title, sometimes the pictures and maybe the items specifics. The rest they say has no value. Think about it. We would not be having this conversation if you had read just the title PROPERLY and you had researched the part number that is in the title before you bought? Case in point... HOW DID YOU FIND OUT THAT IT WAS A FRONT spoke INSTEAD OF A REAR spoke? Couldn't you have done that before you bought?
I DID NOT GIVE ANYMORE INFORMATION BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW AND I PUT THAT QUESTION MARK BEHIND "REAR spoke".

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT BE NASTY, NOT RETALIATE BECAUSE IT IS JUST A HUMAN ERROR AND FURTHER MORE REMEMBER THAT WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME YOU WOULD NEVER GET A NEW OLD STOCK ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT SPOKE TO BUY FOR $2.29. iNSTEAD YOU WOULD BE BUYING GARBAGE IN BULK FROM CHINA.
Because dealers throw their stuff away ESPECIALLY SPOKES. THESE ARE THE ONLY SPOKES I HAVE. I NORMALLY DO NOT LIST THEM...

Now, why would you be asking for the address when it is all over eBay with my phone number? I MEAN IT IS ALL OVER, NOT JUST IN EBAY BUT IN PAYPAL AND IN YOUR EMAIL?

Please go about your way today and remember to be EXTREMELY thankful for people like me and you can have a thankful moment for ebay too because you meet people like me that will give you back your $2.29 even if you do not read!

Austin Motorcycle Hub
280 FM 3349 Taylor TX 76574

Thanks, feel blessed, and have a wonderful day!
Austin Motorcycle Hub[/quote]

I felt the need to respond once more:
[quote author=Me]Or maybe if you didn't list items as one thing when you don't know what they actually are? If you're not sure if it's a rear spoke, just list it as a spoke. It's not that difficult. Using your logic, it would acceptable to list a Honda engine as a Harley engine so long as a questions mark is included. Right? Or maybe it would make more sense to include in the description a little sentence like this: "Here's an engine I have. I think it might be a Harley engine, but I don't actually know what I'm selling".

Anyway, I know this is a front spoke because I have 20 just like it sitting next to my front wheel which I just disassembled. I only knew it was a front spoke after the item was arrived and did not match any of the 19 rear spokes I currently have.

But I especially like how you go out of your way to tell me not to be nasty after you've just typed one of the most appalling responses I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Also, I'm not going to be thankful. You're the single worst seller I have ever worked with, and I've worked with hundreds. Mistake happen and we're all human, but your response to this matter is border-line disgusting. You're a disgrace. In the future, if you care anything about customer a service, a simple, "Here's my address. Send the spoke back and we'll refund your $2.29", would have gotten you a lot further. You even would have been able to avoid negative feedback, so why you chose this route instead is truly baffling.

I won't be sending the spoke back and I don't expect a refund. I'm through dealing with you. If you contact me again I will report you to eBay for harassment.

Have a good one,
Matt[/quote]

I love eBay sometimes. I got an hour of entertainment out of this one, at least.

The saga continues...

Their response (even after I ask not to be contacted again):
[quote author=Austin Motorcycle Hub]Whoa! So much anger and so much negativity. It can't be good. Instead of being grateful you make threats?
Please check your paypal for the refund.. NO, IT IS ME WHO IS THANKFUL FOR CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU. I GAVE YOU YOUR REFUND AND YOU CAN KEEP THIS REAR SPOKE FOR IT IS A REAR SPOKE ACCORDING TO HONDA ... Measurements are in the title too, 8X127.
Have a blessed day![/quote]

My response:[quote author=Me]Too little, too late.

You had an opportunity to salvage this earlier, but instead you chose to berate me.[/quote]

The final response from you was correct. Just enough.

Buyers are idiots. I'm a buyer. I make mistakes all the time. I had a colossal fuck up recently on aliexpress and they fully and totally solved it seamlessly. As someone who is about to start a small side business dealing with said buyers, the onus is on me to provide myself with a repeat customer. The effort these guys took to respond to you was wasted when it could have been used to buy you as a repeat customer.

Never besmirch a buyer who might actually be connected to other buyers. That means all buyers.

So I just got a phone call at work. This fucking asshole called my home number (got it from eBay or Paypal, I guess) and starts yelling at my wife. If I ever get down to Austin...

Sonreir said:
So I just got a phone call at work. This fucking asshole called my home number (got it from eBay or Paypal, I guess) and starts yelling at my wife. If I ever get down to Austin...

Wow.
Thats ridiculous.
Someone in austin should go shit on his doorstep with a note that says "From Matt, I have eyes and ears everywhere, if you call my wife again I will have someone shit on your wife and not your doorstep"

Oh look... another email from this guy...

[quote author=Austin Motorcycle Hub]So you got your FULL REFUND + SHIPPING + YOU KEPT THE SPOKE, AND A WEEK LATER YOU GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. WHOA! I had forgotten already. for $2.29 cents you affect my livelihood? What did you gain? What was there to gain? What is it doing for you? I promptly passed on the p_green to another 17 sellers. We exchange handles to wipe out buyers like you out of the scene. You were cheap and nasty, and then it is not enough to get a totally free transaction on top of that. What's not to like about your negativity?[/quote]

Might be time to call the cops. I've already asked this guy to not contact me further.

Holy shit Matt. that guy is fucking retarded. I have bought hundreds of items on Ebay and the internet. I have never seen a douche like that! I have complained for screwed up stuff and the sellers always went out of their way to fix it and usually I put them in my favorites and repeat buy. This guy needs to be blacklisted and run out of business.

Not only is this one of the rudest and self-entitled assholes I've ever had to deal with in my entire life, he seems pretty darn thick, too.

Sent him a response and hopefully he finally gets it:
[quote author=me]Mr. Manigand:

I have already asked you once, on May 30th, to not contact me again and now I am asking you a second time. Do not message me. Do not call me on the phone. Do not email me. Do not contact me in ANY way. Do not even respond to this message. I never want to hear from you again for any reason. Ever.

Your continued threats and messages, and your phone call to my wife, this morning, is harassment. If it continues I will be forced to investigate legal options.[/quote]

Whoa, that took a turn - I've dealt with some interesting people on ebay but never had them call me. Just so we're clear this guy isn't even in Austin..

Austin Motorcycle Hub
280 FM 3349 Taylor TX 76574

I lived in Austin for 6 years and I can tell you that he's pretty far from Austin both in millage and attitude.

Report his dumb ass to eBay. If he and other users are switching handles, they are violating eBay policy. Ebay can see easily if multiple accounts are being accessed through the same IP.

SONIC. said:
Wow.
Thats ridiculous.
Someone in austin should go shit on his doorstep with a note that says "From Matt, I have eyes and ears everywhere, if you call my wife again I will have someone shit on your wife and not your doorstep"

HA! Fuckin' classic right there. I just laughed out loud at work. But they all ignored me, because I do it all the time when I hear a good joke in my head.

Back
Top Bottom