74 GT250 Scrambler Build

Hey all. Short time reader first time poster. 8) I recently picked up 2 GT250's and a GT380 as project bikes. So i thought id share. Its my first time building a bike, first street bike for that matter. Was getting hurt to often in the mx world so hopefully this will keep me out of trouble. So the plan is a lot of dirtbike influence.

I want to do high pipes one expansion chamber on each side going up and out like an mx bike. I think this will be my biggest challenge.
It will have mx style handle bars.
Probably Dunlop k70's 4.00's front and back
Im lacing a back rim to the front hub so I can run the wider tires.

Any ideas, options, suggestion constructive/deconstructive criticism welcome I can handle it haha.
Dont expect tons of progress for awhile yet, it summer and i'm building a 14' enclosed toyhauler as well. Anyway enough talk here are some pictures

Here are my two options for the pipes. i think the one tucked in looks better but will take a some metal work to get them to cross past eachother. the other way where its sticking out would work without any mods. it wont interfere with tire either but i dont think it looks as good.
P6110207.jpg

P6110205.jpg

frame tabs cleaned off
P6110196.jpg

P6110198.jpg

P6110199.jpg

Heres the 380
P6110202.jpg

P6110203.jpg

Not too sure what to do with the 380. Fix and sell or hangon to it?

Thanks bert, The 380 is complete so no real point in putting it in the 250 frame other than cheaper insurance. plus the triple of the 380 wont really go with what i want to do with the pipes. Speaking of pipes, quick mocked up my idea to get a visual with some construction paper. Any pipe builders out there with tips/tricks on bringing these pipes to life? This is the only thing im worried about having to farm out and im sure custom built chambers wont be cheap :eek:

P6120211.jpg

P6120208.jpg

P6120209.jpg

OW YEAH! 2 stroke tracker madness, luv it! please keep us updated. I think I'm gonna love this build.

Back
Top Bottom