GS850G Street Brat

TheCoffeeGuy

Books, Books, Books, knowledge is within
Just showing off my street project. What i am looking for is a minimal license plate bracket. Well,,, and any other great suggestions too!

This build started last spring. I was thinking of just another day rider for my son who had moved back in for a year or so. I wanted a runner, something i could put on the road fast, and modify later. As it happened, as usual, it needed a lot more than i thought. it came with a Vetter faring, hence no indicators or headlight after that came off. It was a bitchin heavy bike as well.

So over the summer i was given a 1972 CL450 Honda Scrambler, I bought a Yamaha Ventuuuuure Roooyale 1300, quickly sold the 1300 for a fast $1000 profit after changing the plugs and oil and a fast shampoo on the block.

Then the 450 looked like a better bet for the son, only for a while. It has a blown piston and is on the bench for a top end rebuild now. So after all that, its back to the 850 and not enough time to get on the road before summer's end. Add into the mix being away over the summer for 10 weeks for work. here i am getting ready for the spring with a Street Brat ready to take to the tarmac.

Attachments

• IMG_2448 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2448 - Copy.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2440 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2440 - Copy.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2441 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2441 - Copy.JPG
    451.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2449 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2449 - Copy.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 262
Go ahead and seat away! its a Magnaflow straight through 2 1/2 ID. Then I custom bent the connector pipe with my MIG welder. If you like better pics give me a shout or e mail me at mhaurlkl@rogers.com

CAn you Qualify functional? it has some baffling in the outside parts, but essentially its a straight through. the sound is lower and a lot quieter than coming out of the 4 into 1

Please don't take my question the wrong way... Just asking.

The function of a well designed silencer on a motorcycle is multi demensional. It should provide sound dampening as well as a nice exhaust note (though that is subjective of course). It should also work to create proper back pressure in the system to allow the motor to work at its most efficient throughout the rpm range. A straight through, 2.5" car muffler won't do that. If aesthetics is your only reasoning behind choosing that piece, that's your prerogative but as a truly functional part... I think your selling your bike short. That's all. Again, its your bike so do what you will.

thanx

I have done some research into the exhaust end so to speak. I have some retro mods that i am working on for the back pressure and horse power at various rpms, and once it is all running, I will take these mods and your suggestions to my tuner and I will get back to you.

I do expect the Seat back next week! Can't wait.

Mark

And now for the seat!

Attachments

• IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2681.JPG
    IMG_2681.JPG
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    1,015 KB · Views: 261