Take 2: CB750K2 Steampunk(ish) Bobber Thing

andrew6v said:
Did you get those reverse brake/clutch levers or just set them up yourself?

Nah, they're an off-the-shelf item.. well, off-the-eBay item (which I can no longer seem to find)... I had to modify them for the 22mm bars though.

Hmm I think I've looked for those before, but just didn't have any luck. Thanks for the info, I'll just keep my eye out.

Looking good, Noddy. I'm still in love with Isabel. :)

Thought you might be interested, but we're currently working on some retro/steampunk inspired speedometers.

Working on proof of concept right now.

Attachments

• 905670_10153799757445159_4811322584210312678_o.jpg
    905670_10153799757445159_4811322584210312678_o.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 418
Sonreir said:
Thought you might be interested, but we're currently working on some retro/steampunk inspired speedometers.

That is awesome! How are they going?

So, some more progress (OK, not much, but SOME)... I did have to spend 2 months travelling around Europe though, life's tough...

New HD Studs (and scracthed-up paint):
IMG_3515.jpg

One of these things is not like the other, probably accounts for all the rubber I found in the bottom case...
IMG_3522.jpg

Mmm, shiny new big pistons:
IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

Noddy78 said:
That is awesome! How are they going?

Very well, thanks. Should have something together for an initial test in the next couple of weeks.

I'm working with Mike from Nestcraft Studio (http://www.nestcraftstudio.com/) to have some hand-made wooden speedometer enclosures made up. We're going high end on this one.

This project is great! The work on this (and what little I can see of Isobel) is phenomenal, you've got a real eye for detail. I have to break it to you though, but 90% of the pics on the Isobel don't work any more.

Well done learning to weld - it looks really neat too! Are you going to learn leading sometime too?

papercutout said:
I have to break it to you though, but 90% of the pics on the Isobel don't work any more.

Yeah, I know. I've been meaning to get them all updated again... put that on the list...

papercutout said:
Well done learning to weld - it looks really neat too! Are you going to learn leading sometime too?

Yep, going to get into some brazing for the oil tank... read on...

So... plans have been approved for the extension, so bike will be slowing down even more, if that's possible. But did manage to get a few things done in the meantime:

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6166.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

But I think I'll have to put it all away now until the renos are done... vaguely attempting to get the oil tank done before then though, but I might be being a bit hopeful...

IMG_4593.jpg

I mean, this probably didn't have anyone's ashes in it at any stage.. right?

That engine belongs in an art gallery. Great choice of materials, paint and polish. Really looking forward to more.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've managed to get a few more bits done, nothing major, but I've got the urn... I mean oil tank... pretty much together. I just have to solder it all up, we'll see how that goes when the flux arrives...

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

Thought I'd pop the front wheel on just to see how it's shaping up too (because everyone needs the front of a motorcycle in their office)...

IMG_7116.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

I love it, I'm working on a 750k4 this bike and your last one is making me want to scrap it and go a whole other direction. Grrr maybe my next one, wanted to ask what tires are those I've been looking for good white walls

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

edelweiss said:
B E A U T I F U L!!!!!! Your rock Noddy!!!

Thanks man, I used to. Then I got old... er...

Tyres are Shinko E270s. Not sure what they're actually like to ride on yet, but then see above... I'm not dragging any knees around any corners in the near future...

Yeah I read that your also going with a Ducati front and Harley rear, I'm keeping stock rims for now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, good luck with whitewalls then! From memory getting anything for stock rims for these was a real problem so a lot of my rim choices were so I could use whitewalls... that's totally fine, right? ;)

....Soooo.... while the house is being built we're living with the in-laws, and wouldn't you know it, the father-in-law has a a bit of wood-working gear! So I'm taking the opportunity to get a few wooden bits done while we're here (stuck with crappy iPhone photography though):

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

At last, some progress!

Back
Top Bottom