Brodie's XV1100

Re: "Vicious" Ugly Punx XV1100

I have a set of "pass roadworthy" indicators, after that they will be put on. After running red indicators on my car for the past 3 years I find that no one picks up on it.

Just scored a set of saddle bags that came off a hyosung. Good price but not really my style.

Hyosung saddlebags prob ok (apart from style) , Hyosung brakes bad, I've seen one that had the rear caliper attached with cable ties after one of the bolts holding it on snapped......mmmmmmm, quality control right there

Haha yeah for the price I paid I don't expect them to be the best. As long as they don't fall off on the first trip.

Getting some intake flanges made up...

Got new tyres put on. As I went to pay my banks services went out. Could not pay or withdraw cash to pay...

Ohh well. I will pick them up Thursday, my next free day.

aa9c3f319d6c0effacb5a4db526425bf.jpg

f7ef1e64a3624930a2f297b901057547.jpg

Starting to look like a bike again. Need new rear shocks.

Not sure if I am happy with the length of the rear shocks either. I was thinking of getting shorter ones. Have not been over the front end yet which is why it is still in pieces. Waiting on brake pads and fork seals.

Saddle bags never turned up. I couldn't get a hold of the seller so EBay refunded me.

On another note, my key set turned up, need to do some mods to get it to fit but at least I have 1 keys for the lot now.

Ohh and the tail light.
1fb61ee759e4fa9a5024cae7848dbe77.jpg

I had a problem with the flasher relay. De used to replace it with a 2 pin. Turns out the stock unit is a 9 pin. I have deleted the hazard lights and auto cancel, bypassed the safety switches and sorted it out. I have never had auto cancel indicators so it won't worry me not having them.

I've found auto cancel indicators only auto cancel when you least expect it
on the other hand when you get used to having them you never remember to turn non cancelling ones off, then people think you're going to turn left and run over the top of you when you're going straight ahead. that was not a good day, especially as I was on my sisters NH80 Honda Lead scooter. serves me right I guess

Well turns out my indicator/running light idea won't work. Just not enough difference between the brightness for it to be a safe idea.

Still waiting on fork seals before I rebuild the front end.

I also have to check in with my mate from work about the intake flanges...

Working on a 2-1 system to replace the 2-2 on it now. Building it out of an old Suzuki M109R exhaust.

Attachments

• 1477560150937.jpg
    1477560150937.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,030

bfbf6b604c6ea126d5618447fb414462.jpg

Done. Just need new joint gaskets and she will be set.

Worried about ground clearance of the lower pipe but we will see once it is back on 2 wheels.

They come with mini apes, I was not a fan.

Still waiting on fork seals before I pull the front end apart. Have the new brake pads.

Wait in on the battery and Intake flanges before I can get her on the road.

Thanks, I am very happy with it. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom