CL100

Hey guys, new to the website. Just got a 73 Cl100 from my grandpa since he can;t ride it anymore and hasn't rode it since 78. It was started about 10 years ago by my uncle who got it running. Right now I believe I'm going to try to restore it as much as possible. As of now it has spark and I'm taken apart the carbs (Keihin 22mm I think) and the gaskets are all cracking and in half. Any idea where I could get new gaskets for the carbs? Also there is a fair amount of rust, mostly on the chrome parts. I tried lightly rubbing it with a brillo pad and some rust removal cream, but didn't do much. Any ideas or tricks for anything would be great since I'm new to bikes, thanks.

Attachments

• cl100.JPG
    cl100.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 348
Update on the current situation. Cleaned out the carbs and hooked em back up. Made a water bottle gas tank just to check if it ran and it did quite nicely acutally. Although now I have another problem, the battery was dead the day after it started (and it was a new battery completely charged), believe it has a problem charging when the bike is running, where should i check for this?

Back
Top Bottom