My 1981 Honda CB750 Custom

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. Great idea.

jk333 said:
Here ya go.
2zpmx4y.jpg

mlnl0k.jpg

i think it looks great buddy... i'm still trying to find a spoked wheel that will bolt into my front end with twin discs..

RRFactory said:
i think it looks great buddy... i'm still trying to find a spoked wheel that will bolt into my front end with twin discs..

Thanks. I'm sure you'll figure out something out. Maybe a goldwing setup

Really like what you've done with this 750. May I ask how you did the seat? Or where its from?

It's not usually a bike I have an eye for but very much like what you've done with it. I too prefer not to do a full cafe as I often have pillion riders.

I personally would have an nice black or navy tank with no Honda badge and a single out exhaust, other than that it's perfect for what I'd want but thats just personal preference.

Quite inspirational, well done!

Encabulator said:
Really like what you've done with this 750. May I ask how you did the seat? Or where its from?

It's not usually a bike I have an eye for but very much like what you've done with it. I too prefer not to do a full cafe as I often have pillion riders.

I personally would have an nice black or navy tank with no Honda badge and a single out exhaust, other than that it's perfect for what I'd want but thats just personal preference.

Quite inspirational, well done!

Thanks :), the seat is the original. I cut the foam down with an electric carving knife and had it recovered. I am going to tear into it again and add a gel pad at some point. It needs it. I can really feel it on a long ride. Thank you for the kind words. ......I agree with you about the C model. To me, they are fugly as hell in stock form.

I just picked up a titled frame and some spare bits of this same bike. Remainder still needs to be picked up soon.'It had me a little worrired beig a custom... but yours looks great
Really like the way it turned out.

Hoosier Daddy said:
I just picked up a titled frame and some spare bits of this same bike. Remainder still needs to be picked up soon.'It had me a little worrired beig a custom... but yours looks great
Really like the way it turned out.

Thanks, Hoosier Daddy

So now that I snagged the remainder of mine, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain. Not too often I find another member with the same bike I am building. :eek:
First is, I am not sure of my front forks are correct as mine are leading axle type. Are yours the originals?
My rear brake cover is black, was yours originally or did it come with your spoke wheels? I know these were originally comstar bikes and your spoked wheels are nice.
Actually the more I compare, the more I see how much work you and your brother really did.
Oh and Love the look of the drag-bars, reminds me of my 'oldWing.. but I like your bar-end mirror better.

Hoosier Daddy said:
So now that I snagged the remainder of mine, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain. Not too often I find another member with the same bike I am building. :eek:
First is, I am not sure of my front forks are correct as mine are leading axle type. Are yours the originals?
My rear brake cover is black, was yours originally or did it come with your spoke wheels? I know these were originally comstar bikes and your spoked wheels are nice.
Actually the more I compare, the more I see how much work you and your brother really did.
Oh and Love the look of the drag-bars, reminds me of my 'oldWing.. but I like your bar-end mirror better.

Thank you for the compliments, sir. :) Mine did have the leading axle/dual caliper/comstar wheel up front. It had the 19/16 combo comstars on it when I bought it. The drum cover was black to match the comstar rear wheel. Although the leading axle forks provided a much smoother ride , I like the look of the standard forks better. I was also able to get rid of my air assisted forks and swap to standard forks. I sourced the forks and wheels and brake setup from a DOHC era CB750K. I got lucky and found a set of wheels that were in beautiful shape

Nice bike!! I have a couple questions for you. The under seat lights.. are they set for tail, turn & stop? If so how did you do that? I want to cafe my 82 cb900 and would like some pointers for wiring this up.

stepka001 said:
Nice bike!! I have a couple questions for you. The under seat lights.. are they set for tail, turn & stop? If so how did you do that? I want to cafe my 82 cb900 and would like some pointers for wiring this up.

Thank you sir. The lights underneath the seat are tail lights/brakelights only. I have mini turn signals mounted on the outside. If you have any more questions just ask. :)

Well, just a mini update. This season has seen me do a couple things, but I've been planning to do much more when I get the time. Been busy with life stuff. I did get a new master cylinder and levers setup. Also put some new tires on and added a new steering stabilizer and lowered the headlight

30uv1p0.jpg

Looks good yogi, the master looks tons beter and levers tie together well. Also, it may just be the lighting, but looks like you had your gauges done too.
I'd like to see a similar before and after pics on the headlight if you can... I think stock they are aweful high on these bikes.
Good call!

Hoosier Daddy said:
Looks good yogi, the master looks tons beter and levers tie together well. Also, it may just be the lighting, but looks like you had your gauges done too.
I'd like to see a similar before and after pics on the headlight if you can... I think stock they are aweful high on these bikes.
Good call!

Thanks man, I love them. It is the lighting, same old gauges haha. I don't know if I have a before on the headlight but maybe. Lowering it leveled the bike out quite a bit. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Pretty soon, I'll be able to tell you if a tank off of a '81 CB900F fits our "C" models frame. ;)

I saw the one you picked up from Ebay. Always been curious whether or not it will fit.

Back
Top Bottom