SeRotonin500 1981

Re: SR500 '81

FNX1T41.jpg

Got the headlight mounted. 5-3/4inch black h4 unit.

Not pictured is the removal of the front fender (whats left of it) and lowering of the forks in the triple trees.

I hope it doesnt affect handling too much, will testdrive it tomorrow.

Not long until i can tear it down for some paint and finish work, but its hard to park it because its so much F'king fun to ride!

Made a swingarm mounted numberplate holder from some old scrap metal.
pZyZKkj.jpg

I think it looks better than the old one and from some angles you cant really tell how it sits there so im pleased with that.

Gonna drill some speedholes in the bracket this winter.

J8G8gjy.jpg

Whatever country you are in screwed you guys with those plates! Thats bigger than our car plates!
I like the bracket though

SONICJK said:
Whatever country you are in screwed you guys with those plates! Thats bigger than our car plates!
I like the bracket though

Yea tell me about it, had a chat with my friend on the subject just today. They really suck beeing that big.

Such is life in Denmark.

Islandstar said:
Nice looking bike regardless...

Added a Twin feed oil kit from Kedo.de and relocated the battery eliminator under the seat
enRISYR.jpg

Took it for a trip up the coast and ran into my friend on his GS400 (?)
6oq0NMP.jpg

cDOqwk9.jpg

OP3lAEs.jpg

Couldnt get my phone to upload any pictures, think it's working now though. I took the last ride of 2013 couple of weeks ago and tore down the sr after, really nice and easy bike to dismantle.

And here it is today...Some of it anyway

MIIOxEt.jpg

It almost looks like a bike again hehe
Made a small fairing for it today.
YpZ0EY5.jpg

Sorry as it is,we are not blessed with them SR´s in Norway :'(
Nice looking bike Sir!

Floegstad said:
Sorry as it is,we are not blessed with them SR´s in Norway :'(
Nice looking bike Sir!

Import one hehe ;)

Thank you, i was actually looking at your build earlier today, it looks mean with those forks!

Here is another view
U5FiAR3.jpg

Thanx. i have a 660 xt motor from a cart i had that wants to move into an sr ;).
but the priority is to get me a smoker within 2013 and i have a 73 rd 250 in sight.
I have to pay more if i buy one in sweden to this tax-hell i`m living in than i have to pay for the bike.
Shopping national titled bikes only at the moment.
Hoping to be done in a tiny month with the GS and within march with the RD if i get it!
Keep up the good work Mr! :)
Cheers Jorgen

Floegstad said:
Thanx. i have a 660 xt motor from a cart i had that wants to move into an sr ;).
but the priority is to get me a smoker within 2013 and i have a 73 rd 250 in sight.
I have to pay more if i buy one in sweden to this tax-hell i`m living in than i have to pay for the bike.
Shopping national titled bikes only at the moment.
Hoping to be done in a tiny month with the GS and within march with the RD if i get it!
Keep up the good work Mr! :)
Cheers Jorgen
sounds like a good plan, i have a 1983 RD350 ypvs, two strokes are awesome machines! :D actually thats my next project, to restore it a little, maybe change a thing or two around, here is a picture as it is now
SFmZ4E8.jpg

That bike looks awesome 8)
I might be able to buy a suki rgt 250 (84) from a friend for about 1500$ but i have had a couple of them before and i dont like the way they handle when you push them on (norwegian)roads.
Its like riding jelly in 140+km/h.

Floegstad said:
That bike looks awesome 8)
I might be able to buy a suki rgt 250 (84) from a friend for about 1500$ but i have had a couple of them before and i dont like the way they handle when you push them on (norwegian)roads.
Its like riding jelly in 140+km/h.
Thank you, its a fun and light bike, i often surprise bigger and faster bikes in the corners hehe. Youre welcome to take it for a spin if youre ever in Denmark. It could use a better rear damper though, fast sweepers makes it wobble a bit which i think is because of the sloppy damper. I know that jelly feeling and it can be really scary lol

Where in Denmark are u located??
I am in Christiania from time 2 time,and at Roskilde if everything goes as planned, i allso have some fishing friends in Skive!
I have some gsxr 750 rear shocks if needed!

Floegstad said:
Where in Denmark are u located??
I am in Christiania from time 2 time,and at Roskilde if everything goes as planned, i allso have some fishing friends in Skive!
I have some gsxr 750 rear shocks if needed!
I live 10 minutes from Christania, chances are we already saw each other there lol, it's a small world after all.
Will the gsxr shock be a bolt on solution?

Btw got even more done on my mood machine, i have a rolling chassis now with very little more work to be done, except for the engine and wiring.
DesoUxh.jpg

Eqddf84.jpg

I can ship it to you if u pay for the shipping?
And i`ll just PM you when i`m in Staden/Chrisiania.... ;)

Floegstad said:
I can ship it to you if u pay for the shipping?
And i`ll just PM you when i`m in Staden/Chrisiania.... ;)
yeah if it fits directly that'd be great! And yes just pm me

I can measure it to morrow, or see if it looks the similar to the one at my friends 88 rd350.

Back
Top Bottom