RD400 Pretty Stock For Now

66replica

The Wrecking Crew
DTT BOTM WINNER
Here's what I'm riding currently until the CB360 gets finished. I bought it in great shape, basically stole it. Have done a bit of carb work. The yellow is going as soon as I can swing a new paint job on it. I hate the yellow! But, it runs great. It may be up in line next for the cafe treatment or it may stay stock. I can't decide.

Also, the grips are way cheesy.

33869b8c.jpg

257d429f.jpg

f6cb64f4.jpg

e49d6465.jpg

The only one's i've seen for sale in the FL were 4 boxes of parts and a frame for $3k. lol

voch said:
The only one's i've seen for sale in the FL were 4 boxes of parts and a frame for $3k. lol
WOAH! I stole this one for $1300 with a couple boxes of extra parts.

That's quite a steal. Nice condition from what we can see in the pictures.

Seriously, everyone should get the opportunity to ride a smoker and see if they ever want to go back to slow and boring 4 strokes. I mean those super fast Moto2 bikes based on CBR600 motors are still a couple of seconds off the old 250cc two stroke tins lap times.

And it's so easy to get more power out of an old 2 stroke. My favorite look for the RD is a TZ/TR look with that long tank, short seat and chambers - no fairing needed. They look seriously tough. My first RD400 came in a genuine TZ rolling chassis which turned out to be a complete POS, but that's another story.

My favorite RD400 a few years ago was featured in performance Bikes and had swarbrick chambers and was amazingly clean.

Good luck with this one.

man, i totally want an rd400... i'd kill for it. that thing looks like its in sweet condition. lucky find

Nice! love the RD and R5's. here is one I helped my buddy build. I made the seat, made reaset linkage, wired it and a couple other little things. thing hauls ass! they are sooo fun...

bW1jMi9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQSgxKS9TU1BYMDEyOC5qcGc.jpg

bW1jMi9EQ0lNL0NBTUVSQSgxKS9TU1BYMDEyNS5qcGc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom