JULY 2014 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

Drey6 said:
Maybe adding Ard's thread may not help his chances. By the time someone makes it through it, voting will be over!

A brief synopsis....

1981 Virago 920

Ninja EX500 front end
Harley Fat Bob exhaust
MAC headers
CB900F tank
CB750K foot pegs, bar controls, kickstand
CBR600 MOSFET R/R
MOTYDesign 8-cell LiFePO battery
Decals and 6' starter cable from Matthew at Sparck Moto
License plate bracket from Mike in a coal mine
Subframe welding thx to Chas at Checkered Past
Tiny speedo stuffed into the EX500 upper triple thanks to the guidance of Matt DeNooyer
Oil pressure gauge needs to go on, but that was provided by my man TJ at Realm Engineering in the UK.
2-1 custom intake manifold
Edelbrock Qwiksilver II flatslide carburetor
K&N filter with billet breather

Oh, and color selection by Tandy.

Ahh the 2000 ninja front end, it started life on a parts bike i bought for my mono shock rd. it sat in the corner of my shop for months. after reading half the forum bitch about how bad the stock front end was on richards bike. i offered to sweep my junk into a box and send it to the motor city. This could of been eazy but NOOO! First i boxed everthing up. then i got a shipping quote and forgot about it for a month haha. ahh the light bulb !, ill take everything to mid o and just hand these parts to richard. well guess who didnt show up??? now enters dreadrock poor guy. i piled up the complete front end in the corner of his shop. thus dumping the problem in his lap. Dreadrock doesnt just cut hair for a living, he volunteers at a few childrens hospitals and a church or two. richard hounded and hounded this busy saint amonst men to ship these parts with the kids donation money. after a while dread gave in, so now richard had his front end but no bearing sets were offered for the swap. Richard set out to sink his teeth in to all balls racing. the ceo of the bearing company has a obession with the horse track. our buddy rich greased a few wheel at the stabbles and the night befor the race he gave
all the horses except one a very small amount of poison. now he had a in, the name of the healthy horse. It was then given to the ceo of all balls racing in exchange for a bearing swap kit production run.

you cant make this shit up, hell if i didnt watch it unfold i wouldnt belive it.EVIL BAST ARD is a more fitting name if you ask me

good luck buddy cough (son of a bitch) cough

Better change that to "Tandy" before she shows up at your house with a scimitar

Also, I have a limited run of horse poison for sale. PM me for details

bradj said:
Ahh the 2000 ninja front end, it started life on a parts bike i bought for my mono shock rd. it sat in the corner of my shop for months. after reading half the forum bitch about how bad the stock front end was on richards bike. i offered to sweep my junk into a box and send it to the motor city. This could of been eazy but NOOO! First i boxed everthing up. then i got a shipping quote and forgot about it for a month haha. ahh the light bulb !, ill take everything to mid o and just hand these parts to richard. well guess who didnt show up??? now enters dreadrock poor guy. i piled up the complete front end in the corner of his shop. thus dumping the problem in his lap. Dreadrock doesnt just cut hair for a living, he volunteers at a few childrens hospitals and a church or two. richard hounded and hounded this busy saint amonst men to ship these parts with the kids donation money. after a while dread gave in, so now richard had his front end but no bearing sets were offered for the swap. Richard set out to sink his teeth in to all balls racing. the ceo of the bearing company has a obession with the horse track. our buddy rich greased a few wheel at the stabbles and the night befor the race he gave
all the horses except one a very small amount of poison. now he had a in, the name of the healthy horse. It was then given to the ceo of all balls racing in exchange for a bearing swap kit production run.

you cant make this shit up, hell if i didnt watch it unfold i wouldnt belive it.EVIL BAST ARD is a more fitting name if you ask me

good luck buddy cough (son of a bitch) cough

HAHAHA!!!

Here's the SR500 build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52749.0

90% of the bike was fabricated, modified, welded or built by myself and my son.

-rebuild head
-frame de-tabbing
-lacing the wheels
-modifying the triple clamps
-making the wheel and other spacers
-front fender
-rear inner fender
-brake caliper hanger
-brake master cylinder bracket
-master cylinder plunger
-chain guard
-skid plate
-pipe hanger
-frame loop
-battery box
-under seat pan
-under electrical pan
-electrical brackets
-seat base
-headlight bracket
-steering stop
-ignition switch bracket
-rear fuel tank mount
-tail piece mounts
-race stand button mounts
-chain adjusters
-carburetor stay bracket
-gauge panel
- license plate mount
-all LEDS and their wiring
-seat mounts
-tail light mounts
-all painting and finishes
-etc, etc

The only things not done in house were the front rotor spacer, tail piece/fuel tank mods and about 40% of the finish wiring.

I'm not sure but I think that was the funniest thing I've read on here even if I was a bit put off by the thought of brad putting his junk in a box..

bradj said:
Remember guys there is no real losers if there is a yamaha under your ass

Quick someone nominate a Honda CB550 Cafe or there will be no fun at all in the voting thread LOL

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
All Ard wants for christmas is Bradj's junk in the box...

Hey, JR, I think you just inspired a new shop nic-name for Ard........the Junkman!

So let's call nominations closed and I'll get a voting thread up later - thanks everyone!

10354739_10152485090000791_4610852825652043247_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom