New guy with an xs750

Havoc_Xs

Hello, I recently aquired a 79 xs750 that i am turning into a cafe racer.
I have already swaped the forks with a 07 gsxr set. Im keeping the yamaha wheels also. I had bushings made for the stock axle to fit in the gsxr forks.
Im having a real hard time finding a good exhaust header for this bike. Im obviously going the 3 to 1 route. Someone suggested using some from a triumph, and also the carbs. Is that possible.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Hey man welcome!

I´m using a Triumph T300 model series carb on my XS 750 (its from a Triumph Sprint 900)...runs really nicely on these!

Triumph headers will certainly fit with a little modifacation, but they are 3 into 2, not 3 into 1.

Attachments

• 100_2593.JPG
    100_2593.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 447
Re: New guy with an xs750

Tiger
https://goo.gl/images/JcUnHB
Daytona
https://goo.gl/images/Zyeq8k

Those dont look to bad. Was hoping to find some long tube headers down to the collector. I might brave it and try to make my own.

Hey havoc!

Concerning the Triumph carbs.
I used 61MM diameter cone filters and rejetted to specs of the XS750.
The carbs fit in the stock yamaha rubbers with no problem.
You only need to build yourself a choke mechanism puller and a adjustement screw for the idle stop.
The gas cable needs a different too (cutting off the plastic and metal sleeve of the bowden by about 2cm).

Ryan Stecken said:
Are they the same spacing as the XS750´s?
would be really cool to make an exhaust with them...
The carbs are the same cc, really not sure about the headers, but should work with very little modification.

Havoc_Xs said:
Those dont look to bad. Was hoping to find some long tube headers down to the collector. I might brave it and try to make my own.
I made a few 3-1 collectors for the stock header pipes, wasnt difficult at all, just make a large cone that fits all three pipes inside, and the desired exhaust diameter in the other end. Then you weld the center of the three slipover pipes together and finally weld the outside seam fully.

Back
Top Bottom