High Beams

dcwp

Coast to Coast
Is there any reason to believe that high beam headlights would be required equipment? Im thinking of eliminating the switch on my bike and running low beam only. I hardly ever ride at night and then only in town, so I can't imagine it ever being an issue, but I'd hate to get slammed for not having the necessary safety equipment. The only mention of headlights I can find anywhere online is that daytime running light is not required.

I'm in Michigan btw, but curious if there are laws about this in other states.

Thanks!
Dan

Modern motorcycles are made with the headlight on all the time for visibility to other motorists. I'll bet almost all of us on here have had someone pull out in front of us at some time or another even with the headlight on, imagine how much worse it would be without the headlight! (I know you aren't talking about going without completely.) I use the high beam all the time during daylight hours and the only time i even use the low is on the very rare occasion when I ride at night. I have had very, very few instances where another driver seemed bothered by my high beam during the day and my attitude to that is, "At least they saw me!" My point is that you won't loose all that much weight and the additional wiring isn't all that intricate, so why bother with it? Use the high beam during the day and be seen!

Thanks for the input. I'm not worried about weight at all, just switch clutter. I'll think on it a couple more days before I get all the wiring back together.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom