Post a pic of your latest purchase

99% new Tourmaster waterproof boots.Picked up for $20 today. I like good Italian boots,but could not pass these up.

Attachments

• 20150901_155951.jpg
    20150901_155951.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 188
CharlieT said:
Not a beemer, but it is a really nice survivor......1966 Honda CL90
11221450_1025124717512036_3044380582985251672_n.jpg

11986588_1025124577512050_9025651305144802509_n.jpg

Dang that's nice, Charlie. I'm trying to find a decent S90 and this just puts anything I'm finding in my search to shame. Nice CL!

J-Rod10 said:
Picked a Lagun mill up.
20150901_164644_zpsx2ieqfrx.jpg

Nice, whatcha buildin?

Got a question for you... Can you increase the bore size on a wheel for a bigger bearing to press in, looks like plenty of meat and only needs 2-3 mm big.

New Wheel:

Attachments

• fz rim.JPG
    fz rim.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 596
I've never thought about it. I'm sure you could if there's plenty of meat left around the area. Not sure I would want to, though.

J-Rod10 said:
I've never thought about it. I'm sure you could if there's plenty of meat left around the area. Not sure I would want to, though.

haha just bore it. if you go to big, sleeve retainer will fix up to .005" of a screw up... not that ive ever done that before.. ive just... uh... heard it works =)

Another antique oil can.. this one is embossed with the EAGLE brand, made in USA.

worth anything desmobro ?

also found what I think is an antique bone saw with fancy pistol grip

Attachments

• DSCN2580.JPG
    DSCN2580.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN2581.JPG
    DSCN2581.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 595
  • DSCN2582.JPG
    DSCN2582.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 596
  • DSCN2583.JPG
    DSCN2583.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 611
  • DSCN2584.JPG
    DSCN2584.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 596
Ichiban Moto said:
Another antique oil can.. this one is embossed with the EAGLE brand, made in USA.

worth anything desmobro ?

also found what I think is an antique bone saw with fancy pistol grip

I think both are dishwasher safe.... I will offer $32.47 for both and that's it... no more

I bought this:

UNFORTUNATELY, that plus this:

Equals this: (Oh my achin' shoulders!)

Tune-A-Fish said:
Nice, whatcha buildin?

Got a question for you... Can you increase the bore size on a wheel for a bigger bearing to press in, looks like plenty of meat and only needs 2-3 mm big.

New Wheel:

Sounds like a simple job but you will need a machine shop that can handle the diameter.
Probably use a boring head on mill

Yeah probably should not put that much effort just to have a brighter red stripe, just got a sweet deal and went brain dead all the way to rotors and new tire mounted then bearings show up and turns out one year off and shit changed. Wanna nice wheel and tire for a FZ6
afd42e1f806115ee90b35e9f727fa53e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a cast aluminium outdoor light to modify. (it's way too lightweight to be a zinc die cast 8) )
It's about 8-1/2" long and 6" outside diameter
Inside diameter about 5.8"
Wouldn't buy one of the HD $200.00 + ones but this should be OK after powdercoating is removed and it gets 'shined up'
Plenty long enough to embed a speedo inside it. Maybe even speedo and tach?)

Light%201.jpg

Light%202.jpg

Nice find man.. I like the thinking.. Im the same way, loo at just about everything thinking how can I use/repurpose. Post up the end result

Tune-a have you seen if you can buy a bearing with the ID and OD that you need? I would think a industrial bearing supply should be able to hook you up.

4eyes said:
This is likely easier. I never by bearings from bike shops. I buy them from industrial bearing supply and they are exactly the same only usually half the price of a "motorcycle bearing"
Tune-a have you seen if you can buy a bearing with the ID and OD that you need? I would think a industrial bearing supply should be able to hook you up.

4eyes said:

The 22mm axle is the problem with standard bearing sizes, I can get closer but not exact so the bore would need to be cut regardless, The wheel has plenty of meat to cut compared with the R6 wheel that is cut for the bigger bearing. I just can't justify the process of finding a machinist to do it and cost when I have a perfect wheel with a slightly faded red stripe... so the plan is to re paint both stripes and toss the FZ wheel in the weeds (add it to the rest) and move on.

Thanks for the solid input though :eek:

Tune-A-Fish said:
The 22mm axle is the problem with standard bearing sizes, I can get closer but not exact so the bore would need to be cut regardless, The wheel has plenty of meat to cut compared with the R6 wheel that is cut for the bigger bearing. I just can't justify the process of finding a machinist to do it and cost when I have a perfect wheel with a slightly faded red stripe... so the plan is to re paint both stripes and toss the FZ wheel in the weeds (add it to the rest) and move on.

Thanks for the solid input though :eek:
When I adapted the GPZ wheels for the CB7fitty, I went with the smaller axle to match the rims and had sleeves machined to adapt to the KZ750 forks. So my bearings are stock to the rims.

Back
Top Bottom