82 Honda CM250 Scrambler "foxy lady"

Re: 82 Honda CM250 Brat Scrambler

haha, cell camera totally sucks. here's a few pics of the painted tank w/ pinstripes anyway.

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

Yeah Man, that looks great! You definitely need some daylight photos of it though.
It looks like there's a black speckling in the red part; I'm not sure if that's real, or just your camera, but I like it for sure! That little bit of subtle texture really sets the red panel apart from the rest of the body of the tank. Very 1970's.

Thanks guys, the red speckling is from my crappy cell cam, it was too high contrast of a color for the camera to be able to pick it up. I plan on doing a full on photo shoot with it when it's 100% done.

I have some crap I have to figure out though, The pin striping peeled and lifted a bit in couple areas even though I put a layer of clear on hoping it would seal them in. I'm not sure what direction to go with the paint repair at this point though. I could pull it all up, wet sand it with 1000 grit paper, buff it all up, repair any discrepancies and re-lay the pinstripes. Or do all that then mask out and spray some pinstripes. Or try and repair what has already been done, just not sure what the best/most logical choice is yet.

I'll have to take a really close look at it when I get home this evening to see what the best route will be, I'm leaning toward sanding and just re-laying the pin striping and crossing my fingers that it works this time.

That tank came out super sweet, looking forward to seeing some better-quality photos of that thing!
What are your plans for the seat?

Here are some better pics. I was able to "fix" that little area of pin striping enough to where it's only noticeable by me which is fine. So now I have to wait for my custom decal an then slap 3-4 coats of clear lacquer and then 2-3 coats of spray 2k's 2 part clear to make sure it's protected against any gas drips.

This weekend I'm going to clean the harness and touch up the controls and then start hooking all the electronics back up and the only things left to do will be to make a cover for the new smaller battery box, make the exhaust & upholster the seat.

For the seat I am going to try to make my own cover from black marine grade vinyl. I'm hoping to make it a ridged seat with a beaded seam. I'm using the stock seat pan that I've modified and that I will likely be modifying even more once I get deeper into the project.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement dudes!

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

Looking great, I think customs based on ugly bikes are the best, love to see what comes out of those. (A CB looks good even in stock trim) keep at it!

I agree, I like trying to see past a bikes aesthetic shortcomings to see it's potential. Don't judge a bike by it's fairings, right? :D

Got my custom vinyl honda decal and slathered it in some spramax 2k clear and it looks wet and glassy! I'm pretty pumped on how the decal came out, it's only a slight modification of the original 60's Honda motorsports logo but it think the metallic silver of the vinyl looks almost exactly like the tank's silver so that makes me pretty happy! now to tie up the rest of the loose ends, the finish line is in sight! then back to the GS to finish her up in time for some spring riding!

Here is the exhaust template that I'm going to bring to a shop to get bent. I hope it works, I figure if it doesn't and worst comes to worst I'll throw the bike on the trailer and bring it down to the shop so they can make any adjustments that it might need and I'll be good. Fingers crossed though.

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

You think these bends should be quicker to go to straight or do you think they're good?
IMAG0289.jpg

One thing i used to do when making exhaust templates was to use wire with cardboard circles, that were the outside dimensions of the pipe, slipped over them. Seemed to work great!

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have metal hangars in the center of my foam tube so the template will stay put... hopefully.

Thanks man! I'll have it done in a month or so & I plan on doing a full photo shoot of it so there will be plenty of pics! I also plan on updating the process every week or so until then so keep checking in!

Back
Top Bottom